1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Mecatecno Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Kiharaikido, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Kiharaikido

Kiharaikido Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought my daughter a T12. I have mixed feelings thus far. Anyone else bought one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I was kind of waiting for the full size bike, but bought a carbon burner instead.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Dale Malasek showed me a video at the NM national yesterday of Bou's minder riding the new Mecatecno adult-sized E bike over some really extreme terrain. In one case he was balanced about a foot from a shoulder-high step. Popped right up!
  4. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still only video's???
  5. NVTS

NVTS Are you ennen oh eff tee

Oddometer:
    If you’re wanting to discuss kids e-bikes you might want to edit the title to reflect that. Or maybe post in the “your trials kid” thread.
    NVTS
  6. Kiharaikido

Oddometer:
    I more curious to discuss the brand than the size.

I have waited to post anything negative since I know Dale's past history and heard great things about him and his customer service. A big BUT here, I have contacted him a total of 6 times with one return contact. I emailed him once in January with no response. I heard from a TTC rep that he didn't recieve my email. Fair enough. I can accept that. I called once asking for an owners manual since I didn't recieve one with the bike. No response. Called again. He did return that call. Told me to leave him a message and he would send me a manual. Great. I left the message April 5th. The charger broke later that day. The bike stopped charging for the second time so I took a look at the charger. One of the prongs on the Italian style plug broke. I called him April 6th and left a message asking if the charger was under warranty. No response. To this day I haven't heard back. Still no owner's manual either. I called today and his voicemail box has not been setup so I can't leave a message.

That's all customer service related. The bike itself runs well, but the graphics were pealing when I bought it. I noticed that after I paid for the bike. No biggie. That was my query on the first call to Dale. When he responded to my owner's manual calll he also addressed the graphics. Said the factory does a poor job with the graphics, that they needed heated up to adhere properly. Okay, $1300+ isn't a lot of money for a good electric child's bike but I would expect the plastics to have been stuck and for the charger to last more than 4 charges. I ended up fixing the charger myself so my daughter could ride her bike. The forks bottom out with little resistance and look to be leaking. I would love to have the owner's manual to see about repairing it myself. I have little confidence in any support for the thing. Honestly, I wish I would have sprung for the Beta. I had hoped to support a fledgling trials venture but it seems to have bit me in the butt. I will say the bike runs great. The fit and finish (aside from graphics) is great. My daughter loves it. I can handle start up querks, if there is support through the growing pains. Oh, the front brake squeals like a 'real' bike. Adds to the authenticity. Rant over.

laser17 likes this.
  7. NVTS

NVTS Are you ennen oh eff tee

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope there’s more smiles in the Mecatechno future.
    NVTS
  8. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer:
    You bought this bike directly from Dale and it was shipped to you, with no dealer involved?
  9. Kiharaikido

Oddometer:
    I bought it from the TTC but was directed to him with questions/concerns. The TTC didn't have an owner's manual. New product for them.

10. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW peeling graphics is an affliction that $8k bikes have.
    Kiharaikido likes this.
  11. Kiharaikido

Oddometer:
    Good to know. Wasn't a big deal. I'm more irritated with the lack of communication than the bike itself. Took me a trip to Lowe's and 5 minutes to fix the charger. I'm more worried about dealing with future issues.

12. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Dale should communicate better, but TTC is passing the buck.... Your dealer is your connection to the distributor and the manufacturer. They should be fixing your problems and tracking down things that weren't provided from Dale. Both my '17 and '18 Scorpas had minor problems, that the Tryals Shop resolved after consulting with RYP. Mike didn't tell me to contact RYP.... He did and that's how it should work. Good luck and I hope you and your daughter have lots of great ride time!
    laser17, jonnyc21 and Kiharaikido like this.
  13. Kiharaikido

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Norman. I stewed over saying anything. I was directed to him so for me it falls to him. If he directs me back to TTC then I'll take it up with them. I would assume that would just result in someone else calling him, though. They didn't know much about the bike.

laser17 and Norman Foley like this.
  14. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    If a dealer is going to sell you something.... They better get busy and learn something about the product! Still a cop out in my eyes. Good luck!
    laser17, jonnyc21 and motomofo like this.
  15. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see that video if possible. Bou's minder is Marc Freixa.
    Grooster, jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  16. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Yeah found that out today from you, Martin. Minder or mechanic... whoever it was Dale said... Is very good!

As for complaints about Dale's service, if my brain isn't full tomorrow I will bring up your issue with Dale.
  17. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hasn't the T12 been out for quite some time now? I wonder if the manual is a translation issue. Where's Jim Snell when you need him..
  18. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would imagine the original is in Italian. If you find one feel free to forward it and I'm happy to help. My technical vocab is a little limited but I doubt there's much in an electric bike manual I can't handle.
    Kiharaikido likes this.
  19. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Mecatecno is based in Barcelona, are the bikes built for them in Italy?

Since the dealer can't help and distributor is unresponsive, just contact the company!
    http://www.mecatecno.biz/contacto-english
    Grooster and 10K like this.
  20. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh, you're right. For some unknown reason I had it in my head they were based in Italy.