MedJet Renewal? Or other similar vendor?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by enrich, Jun 10, 2020.

1. enrich

enrich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My MedJet membership is up for renewal soon. Fortunately never had to use it, but am interested in hearing from others pros/cons on MedJet and competitors.
    Travel is primarily in CONUS, with some occasional Hawaii, Canada and Caribbean included. Under certain conditions, my health insurance will cover transportation to to treatment facility to include a helo lift if necessary at a "reasonable" (!) cost.
    Thoughts from other inmates?
  2. DirtySkwerl

DirtySkwerl It's not easy being a rodent, we get no respect Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in hearing about this too. Fine print in many travel insurance policies excludes "risky sports".
    Several years ago two guys we know were on a riding tour in Morocco, way out in the desert. One guy crashed hard, broken ribs and shoulder. The other guy went through hell getting him out. The tour people got them to a little clinic in a nearby village and pretty much washed their hands of it. No more help from them.
    The evacuation insurance wouldn't cover anything until a doctor confirmed the extent of injuries. They were a LONG ways from any town with a doctor. Our friend had to deal with the time change back to the states to talk to the insurance company, trying to find English speakers in an Arabic speaking country.
    Macho Man2 likes this.
  3. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    eedavis likes this.
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer: