Meet up in Banamichi Sonora in November

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Turkeycreek, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Update on our riders, Mark and Judy. There are the hospital in Nogales AZ. Cindy is walking around with a broken collarbone. Mark is on his back with a broken collarbone, a broken pelvis and some broken ribs. expected release in 3-4days. Their home is Tucson so they are well supported. No update on insurance issues yet.
  2. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    So we have three different couples in an accident? Mark and Judy, Mark and Vicky, and Mark and Cindy. Or did Mark have three women on his bike? :lol3
  3. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Jeez, It's been nutso. I'm having difficulty getting my name straight (Richard A. Williamson)
    It is of course Mark and Judy who had the get-off. Vicky is fine and here working hard. TilMac (Mike) and Cindy are fine as well.
    noshoes likes this.
  4. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    I just edited the post and corrected the names. Now people will be wonder what you are talking about Neil
  5. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn I wish I knew they were in Nogales I stayed for 2 days and went to the dentist. I could have gone for a visit.
  6. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    I want to thank everyone for coming to the first of what we hope will be many Banámichi Meet Ups in the future.
    Blanca and Jose Alfredo along with daughters Maria and Kimberly went all out with the Bacanora still visit. Noshoes did a great job (above) with the photos and explanation of the process and photos of the incredible lunch. I'm looking for any photos of the visits to the hot springs. If you have 'em, post 'em
    The dance group Xunutzi from the local Cecytes magnet high school (serves the entire valley, not just Banámichi) killed it in their performance over at the house. Carne asada Friday night and pizza in el horno de el Dragon - fired with mesquite.

And lots of jamming on the gee-tars with Mark from Bisbee and Woody from California. I jumped in on harmonica. I'm hoping to grab someone's video to post.

Seeing Woody roll in on the Indian was a treat and having 20 bikes lined up in front of Los Arcos made me and most of the town smile.

The local priest came and blessed the bikes and sprinkled us with holy water. Amazing no one in the group burst into flame.

Inmates attending were Tilmac and Cindy, Noshoes, Chilejack, CoolerKing, Cal and MitchG for the Canadian contingent (Mitch came the farthest, down from Ft. Simpson) Blind Warrior and AKADigger showed up Sunday. We had great representation from the Lost Boys from Bisbee - Jimmi and Gail, Seth, Tim, Mark A., Ky, Joe, Martin and Chuck. Plus Mark G. and Judy.

We gathered a good haul of notebooks and pencils for the school in La Mora which Vicky and I will deliver tomorrow. We had planned to have chile and CoolerKing ride over with me this morning but it didn't work out. I'll post photos of the kids.

We're doing it again next year. I'll figure out dates. It will be hard to top this one. I'll also post more photos.

I especially want to thank the brains of the outfit, our manager at Los Arcos, Maria Virginia Lopez Chavez de Corella - just call her Vicky - for keeping things on track and making it happen and Mrs. TC - the love of my life, Lynn for taking this whole crazy ride with me (and letting me ride her bike.)

Abrazos a todos!
    jimmex, Rhode trip and noshoes like this.
  7. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Judy said Mark is not yet in the mood for visitors.
  8. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    Nah, the quote in my post shows the names.
    I have a little vid of you guys playing, but I'm waiting to see if it's ok for me to post. (I know Woody don't care, but I'm checking with Mark)
    And I think the only pic of us at the hot springs was taken by Judy. Too much glare from our lilly white skin to make a good pic.

Edit: Mark said no hay problema. Going on FB as I don't remember how to post a vid on ADV.
    Turkeycreek likes this.
  9. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    CoolerKing and noshoes like this.
  10. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
  11. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    wow, Chuck really captured it!! Great event! I'm back home but my heart and mind are still south of the border. Thanks Tom and everyone else who made it such a special event.
    Turkeycreek and noshoes like this.
  12. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That and even after his edit it still has Cindy in the 2nd sentence. Lll

_
    noshoes likes this.
  13. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Quick update on Mark and Judy. Judy is mobile and home in Tucson. Mark still in the hospital. Mark did break his pelvis and ribs along with his collarbone. He'll be in the hospital a few more days. Judy described the accident. They were just going a short distance to dinner and were not going very fast. Mark was blinded in the middle of the left turn out of the condo, turn in too much and hit the high curb on the median. She was bucked off forward and over, landed flat on her stomach. She slid a ways on the pavement. Sound like Mark went down on the curb and the bike came down hard on top. Mark may have been out for a few minutes, Judy says she never hit her head. Keep them both in your thoughts. It will be a tough go for them for a while.
  14. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    It's all of you that made the event. With out you guys it's just me and some tamales!

Chuck is a pro photog. He owns a gyro-copter and does aerial photos. I should have put some of his books out.
    RW66 likes this.
  15. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Here I am at the elementary school in La More (3 km south of us) to deliver the school supplies you generously donated. Happy kids

[​IMG]

German is looking good! He was smiling pretty big under there.
    jimmex, chilejack, jonz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Update on Mark and JUDY. Judy is home, lots of pain. Mark needs surgery, not sure what. He will move to a rehab facility in Tucson for 8 weeks or so. Bike still in Guaymas. Lynn and Vicky are working to cut it loose from the police impound in Guaymas and figure out where to store it in San Carlos/Guyamas
  17. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the updates
  18. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom what's Mark's adv user name ?
    I have a lot of experience recovering from a pelvic fracture ( open book fracture , 6 plates many
    screws ) and thought I'd get in touch with him to share some things I learned during a couple of
    years of healing.

Would I need a TVIP to drive my truck down to Guyamas ? I'm always up for a road trip ! :hmmmmm
    If you get my drift !

Max
  19. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guyamas is in the free zone
    MAXVERT likes this.
  20. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    and 6 hours from Catalina Az ! That's about 5 at my speed :D

Max