Melbourne and surrounds ride/riders hub

Discussion in 'Australia' started by paynebrody, Sep 26, 2013.

1. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    He needs to stop pushing you off when you get in front. @Bluetonguejak
  2. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thinking I need to get out on the SE shortly or even get the 690 out and see if I still have much love for it.
    The 1190 is on the stand ready for love and tidy up for sale. I have a funny feeling I know what is going to happen when I clean her up and take her out for a spin though. 150 horsepower, smiling, skids. Hmmm, do I really need to sell this.
    Dukehunt and ToriMish like this.
  3. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bullshit. Keep it.
  4. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    I not sayin' nufin:hide
    bigborett and ToriMish like this.
  5. rutsthematter

rutsthematter Yes they are

Oddometer:
    3 to 4 hundred k loop of south gippy leaving from Drouin this Wed. Big bike friendly. As much dirt as possible. Hit me upi f your interested.
    jardine likes this.
  6. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm.
    @bigborett ?
  7. Neonasty

Neonasty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just thought I'd bring this thread into the new year with my new toy. I've only given it one short ride but hope to have another two this week. What a cracker! 20210103_181934.jpg
    jardine, Fearless Whetu and mrsdnf like this.
  8. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
    Nice bike !

I have been busy, I thought this would take a weekend, 50 hours later.... But it's my first build so things take longer when you are learning.

I'm doing a test ride this Saturday, just faffing about so not worth inviting others. I am still having trouble with the front brake and abs cable rubbing against the controls from the LHS handlebar. I have wrapped them and will see how it goes but I'm not confident it's solved.

I may need some expert advice if anyone here has rally tower experience. I've had so much trial and error and am still unsure of the tolerances.

701 Complete.jpg
    Cable conflict .jpg
    Daazzaa, Precis, bigborett and 3 others like this.
  9. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    Ooooh I like a rally 701!

I have a 701 SM and those cables rub on all sorts of stuff. They're a pain in the arse.

I've never looked at the ends of the cables. would you be able to lengthen them and run them across the lower triple tree clamp? I think I've seen them run the front brake like like that, but I've never seen it with the ABS module.
    Good luck.
  10. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out for a ride with @bigborett yesterday, generally easy run, found some gentle but greasy clay hills around Gentle Annie ... good stuff.
    20210106_110034.jpg 20210106_110022.jpg

Found an interesting track with about 10 x 4" high humps in a row... like a giant set of whoops, or a rhythm jumps section. Might have to come back in the dry.
    fnatic, Daazzaa, jardine and 2 others like this.
  11. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    Ooh that Gentle Annie climb is a killer in the wet. In the dry, I've made it up on my Supermoto on road tyres.

There's a few fun tracks around that area, but many are still closed after the fires a few years ago. Head towards Neerim and take the side tracks for some fun too.
  12. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    Have to agree with you Neonasty. Only experience I've had with this so called Gentle Annie was on my IT many years ago. I nearly gave up riding that cold miserable day.
    My son was 4WD there a few weeks ago in the wet. He reckons there was carnage galore.
    To richo and bigborett I take me helmet off to you.
    bigborett likes this.
  13. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    mrsdnf likes this.
  14. JoniBarTeam

JoniBarTeam Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've tried going up about 4 weeks ago, it was not raining but the base of the track is slippery clay I was by myself, after dumping it in a rut I decided to turn around and go back down. It was lots of fun up to where I got. I came from the Gentle Annie camp at the start of the Tea Tree track, going up from this side is steeper. Gentle Annie Track.jpg
    Suncoaster, bigborett and mrsdnf like this.
  15. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    Hello knowledge base!

I've done a search, and had differing views regarding Victorian Recreational Rego being used in other states. The Vicroads site says nothing regarding use in other states or territories.

Most states say they require full registration, but also recognise other states registrations. I take that to mean they recognise Vic Rec rego as long as you stick to the rules as designated by your state. I don't like the idea of a local cop pulling you over on your Vic dirtbike and explaining to them that you don't need full rego, but maybe a print out from their Govt. Website may help?

Anyway below is what I've found on an Internet trawl of their websites. I haven't looked at Tasmania and didn't have any luck looking up WA.

Has anyone taken their rec rego bike interstate and had any problems?

From SA Transport:
    Vehicles registered in another Australian state or territory can be driven in South Australia. People visiting temporarily can drive vehicles registered interstate without having to register them in South Australia.
    https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/drivin...tion/driving-an-interstate-registered-vehicle

From Dept Roads NSW:
    Visitors to NSW
    If you are visiting from interstate you are allowed to drive in NSW using your interstate registration provided:

• your vehicle is in NSW temporarily
    • your home state registration is current
    • you display the number plates and registration labels required by your home state.
    https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/ve...ondhand/interstate-and-overseas-vehicles.html

NT Dept Roads:
    Visiting vehicle classification
    To be a visiting vehicle it must be all of the following:

• only temporarily in the NT (less than three months)
    • registered in another state or territory for the duration of its stay in the NT
    • fitted with number plates required by the law of that state or territory
    • issued with compulsory third party insurance within Australia.
    You must drive your interstate vehicle on a public road or street under the same conditions, restrictions or limitations that are placed on your interstate registration. If you don't do this, your vehicle can be deemed unregistered.
    https://nt.gov.au/driving/rego/regi...rseas-visitors/interstate-registered-vehicles
  16. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Vic rec reg is for vic only , you'd have to get temp reg/ permit in the state your in at the time .if you can
    If that state has a rec reg system or a day permit manly for racing purposes
  17. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    I know that these states recognise VictorianClub registration for Historic vehicles 25 years or older, as long as you stick to your own states regulations. Ie log books, so it makes sense that the rec reg system will be accepted too.

I don't see why if you stuck to the laws regarding rec reg, why it wouldn't be accepted.

Have you had problems with it?
  18. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Vic has had rec reg for decades most other state it has not been that long , it is manly liability why take the risk for none of the reg fees ,eg stack it nsw end up in nsw hospital when you have paid a vic rec reg , that's about it in a nut shell , full Vicreg part of the fee is a national levy so your covered for a small portion of travel , that's why you suppose to change your reg after 3 months in the one state .
    Neonasty likes this.
  19. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know for a fact over in Robe/ Beachport SA Vic riders with rec rego get fined.
    mrsdnf and Neonasty like this.
  20. Neonasty

Oddometer:
    Great. Thanks I'm glad someone has first hand knowledge with it.