melted transalp 700 indicator

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by basinstreet, Jan 2, 2020.

1. basinstreet

basinstreet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all ,

I'm looking for a response hopefully from someone who knows their way around a transalp.

i bought a 700 and the chap before me had fitted a daft exhaust that pointed straight at the indicator. After my first ride out on it I was left with 3 indicators and something else resembling a dali painting...

Anyway, I have sourced a new one, but the bolt from the old one is still in the bike and doesn't appear to have a head to unscrew it (Pic attached , i hope)

probs a simple question for this website, but how do I go about removing it? do I need to get at it from the other side? underneath the plastic panel?

cheers

Attached Files:

2. basinstreet

basinstreet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    pic 2

Attached Files:

3. toxies1

toxies1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't know the transalp but most indicators on bikes have a hollow bolt where the wires are and a retaining nut on the inside your one ether has two nuts or a very thick location pin normally with a bit of cussing and dislocation of your fingers you can get to them with the seat removed, but on most bikes the rear plastics are quite easy to remove
  4. basinstreet

basinstreet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok thanks, will get the seat up, dunno why i didnt think to do that