Mendo NF Rally 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mootsuno, Jan 8, 2011.

1. joefromsf

joefromsf Dark Happens Supporter

Oddometer:
    Out the door in about 20 minutes. Taking the long way and expect to arrive around 12:30. See ya. :freaky
  2. Capt.saveaho

Capt.saveaho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well guys drink one for me, I will be recuperating from surgery. I go in today, and won't be riding for 6 weeks. :freaky
  3. cme4lyt

cme4lyt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm located in Walnut Creek and will be 'wheels up' from my place at 8am tomorrow morning. I have one free spot on a mc trailer for the first person who get's to me that is on my route.

WC to 24W to 80E (at Emeryville) to San Rafael Bridge to 101N and heading North to Ukiah.

Pls call my cell 415-720-5194, do not PM. I will be leaving late on Sunday afternoon if you want/need the ride back.

Thanks...jonathan (cme4lyt)
  4. mootsuno

mootsuno Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    DaveBro, littletwin, CRW and I are heading out right now, We have us a convoy!
  5. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

same here, a bad right ankle got me sidelined. difficult for me to finish the oil change on the 950, too many parts had to come off and of course i have to put all of them back.

i'm going to miss this ride...:cry

you guys stay safe and have fun.
  6. boney

boney Ride > Post Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm headed out from Sonoma around 14:00 friday. If there's anything that is needed, letting me know before then would be a good idea. I'll be in the truck, so I can carry some crap.
  7. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup I'm out thought I could make it but just to much going on dean I'll pay the going rate for food and site since I waited till last minute to bail. Sorry ride safe everyone and I'll be watching for the pics
  8. lastplace

lastplace Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone headed up in a truck from Petaluma, Marin, SF or points south? I'm thinking of slapping together a flatbed for my sidecar and putting the dirt bike on that. But, if I do, I won't have room for some of my stuff. (Dean asked me to bring up a projector to do a slideshow on Sat night.)

So, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to bring some of my stuff up there for me. I'm about a mile from 101 just North of Petaluma.

I'm headed up Saturday morning.

Please call me at 415-710-9386 if you have some room.

EDIT: I think I'm covered now. Thanks everyone!

fun fun
    Charlie
  9. cme4lyt

cme4lyt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Space on the trailer is taken.

See you all soon !
  10. boney

Oddometer:
    If it falls through, I can swing by on my way out friday afternoon.
  11. slackmeyer

slackmeyer Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer:
    Anyone have ride plans for sunday, or is everyone just heading home by mid day? I can't make it up for the weekend, but I thought I might ride up around the area on Sunday. . . . . . I'd try to meet up with folks if I could. If not, well I'll just ride.
  12. boney

Oddometer:
    I'll probably be around until late afternoon. I'm trucking though, so I have to go back to Pilsbury.
  13. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Super Suz off work at 2:30 and headed from Fremont. Moto camping with the Strom and hope that me and my bud can be in the fun zone.

Save some beer and dinner for two for me, please. Just in case, I'm bringing a can of chef boy r dee pop top for the fire. :lol3

And, I'm fishing tomorrow!
  14. boney

Oddometer:
    Hey Suz, my +1 had to bail so there's room for at least one in the fun zone, I'm sure Corey and Dean won't have a problem squeezing in another.
  15. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:
    JustPaul and I are rolling from Oakstertown at 1:30. Should be there 5:30-6ish..Silver Jeep towing two Hondas.

We might stay Sunday night if things go well.
  16. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had the truck loaded and bikes packed...and got a call...family emergency....:cry Mom in the hospital. Drink a beer for me, guys....
  17. duitswes

duitswes NAM Biker in CA

Oddometer:
    I nearly cancelled due to suspension trouble, but ended up stopping by for a quick beer raid on friday night. So glad I did -- this was really a great location and group. Complete with cold beer and border war stories.

In for next year :deal

The organizers did great :clap
  18. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Super Suz here and had a great time. With so many cancellations there was room for me and my buddy to camp and enjoy. It was really a treat for me to relax on this weekend and met new people and caught up with some others.

And... with so many cancelations we did not make up the difference. Dean is short for the campground expense and expense for the dinners for the number of expected people on the day he went shopping. So, many of us pitched in more to help out but I am pretty sure that the extra pitch-in did not make up what he needed to be even. I was glad to do it since everything was so nice.

I'm pretty sure that everyone there who was supposed to pay for dinner and whatnot did. For those that canceled, consider PMing Dean to work something out.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to a great weekend! The food and beer was great and the campground was beautiful. Huge fires and great home-made tunes, a cool kid and cool people made it great. I'll make up a vid later but it will be mostly campfire since I hung out and fished on Sat. :lol3

Thanks to Charlie for showing us a great slide show about Dakar and what his team is working on. There's more to the basic story and if you ever get a chance to find out more....:deal

SS
  19. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Suz,

I already contacted Dean about owing him. If others chipped in extra, maybe us bailers can make a small donation to Blue Ribbon Coalition or some other worthy cause to make up???

Dean, let us know what we owe you. And group, how much extra did y'all chip in?

See you at the SheetIron!

Dave
  20. 3DChief

3DChief "Moto therapist"

Oddometer:
    Just got home from an incredible weekend! Thanks to Dean, Cory, Marsha, and all the others who pitched in to make it such a great time!

Put in a grand total of 312 miles of dirt! Awesome weather, awesome company, beautiful scenery.....what more could you ask for? Really enjoyed meeting all you FF's, looking forward to the next big event!

P.S.: Thanks for washing my bikes Macadamia! :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 (video to follow!)

Tim