Mendocino Hack get together in Sept??

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by DaFoole, Mar 12, 2010.

1. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:
    ACHTUNG!!

For those of you planning on going or are on the fence about going please call your reservations to Manchester KOA (Info on below) I know it's a long way out and things change but we need to secure our area. If we can get a few people signed up they'll hold it. If plans change and you can't go you can always cancel.

Thanks

2nd note: There was some confusion regarding cabin prices via the KOA staff. It IS $9 per nite AND there can be up to two tents pitched next to a rented cabin for free.

Okay. It's all set. The "Son of a Beach" sidecar rally is set! This will be at the Manchester Beach KOA on September 24,25,26 (Friday, Sat, Sun). The KOA has reserved all the cabins and tent sites in "The Loop" so we can be concentrated in one general area. Everyone is responsible for their own reservations. We are getting a 10% reduction for cabins and RV sites and tent sites are $9 for the rally. You need to let them know you are part of the "Sidecar Rally". (Sorry, the Soviet Steeds/ADVrider sidecar rally" was a bit too wordy...) Reservations can be made at 1-800-562-4188 (main reservation line where they may or may not have any idea about the discount) or (707) 882-2375. Web site is manchesterbeachkoa.com.

As I have noted before, ALL are welcome. If you have a hack or are just hack-curious. As the time grows closer we can firm up some plans for Sat dinner. Of note, the KOA is celebrating their 40th year that weekend and a BBQ/pot luck is going on Sat. We could crash that or do our own. If there is enough interest we can buy a keg of beer from Mendocino Brewing Company (Fort Bragg) to prevent excessive thirst from overcoming us. There are many great sites to see and rides to make in the area. Mendocino is about 25 miles to the north with Ft Bragg about 10 miles north of that. The nearest local gas as I can recall is in Guala about 20 miles to the south and Little River about 25 miles to the north. Groceries are best picked up in Fort Bragg to the north and Guala to the south. There are multiple great routes to get there. Obviously Hwy 1.....can't go wrong there. Also, off of 101 is Skagg's Spring Road. Off of 128 is Mountain View Road. For the dirt oriented, there is Fish Rock Road. All are great!!

If anyone wants shirts or stickers....make 'em!! Seriously, if you want to take it on, go for it. As I said, this is going to be low key and non-structured.....mostly 'cause I'm lazy!! Hope to see you all there.

Anyone who had reserved a cabin needs to call in a deposit, otherwise your cabin WILL NOT BE HELD!!!

They wanted me to put a deposit on all the cabins and I'm not going to do that....so, you have been warned.

Also, would like a head count for Friday night as I'm going to BBQ some brauts, cook some corn and beans. You can PM me or shout out on this thread.

DaFoole

:freaky
  2. Ivan Rider

Ivan Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I too have been there for Airhead rallys with my sidecar rigs. I'd attent if you make it happen.
  3. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Well, that's 2 so far....:lol3

If you know any local hack people, let 'em know. If I get a bit more response I'll give the KOA a call and get more info.
  4. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Not sure what our schedule is like then but if we are clear we are in.
  5. DaFoole

Oddometer:
  6. mowtow

mowtow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DaFoole;
    If you decide for sure that you are going ahead with a s/c rally in the latter part of Sept, please let me know and we'll put the word out at our Lake Berryessa s/c Rally / Picnic on May 22nd.

Also, count me in for attending, if it happens.

Don Van Zandt
    NorCal s/c Club
  7. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    Thanks Don! :thumb

I'll be seeing you at the Berryessa rally. :nod
  8. pampine

pampine Warrior

Oddometer:
    Wow, I love Mendocino, to say nothing of the ride getting there; but I've never been there on the beemer. What a great excuse.

Pam
  9. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    Now's the time.....:deal

Looooong ride from Tejas.....

You'd most likely win the long distance award.....if there were any awards......

10. RoundEye

RoundEye Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You decide to go for a Late September Mendocino run, COUNT ME IN!! It'll be a great ride from the South Bay, and a great excuse to swing by North Coast Brewing in Fort Bragg!
  11. DaFoole

Oddometer:

North Coast is one of my favorites!! :slurp

Haven't been there for at least 3 wks.:cry

:lol3
  12. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    :thumb sounds great!
  13. mowtow

mowtow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DaFoole
    The Chelan rally is the same weekend as our event. Wouldn't Chelan be much closer [and funner] for you? Not trying to discourage you from attending the Berryessa event, just wondering.

Don
  14. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    Mowtow

Was very interested in the Chelan Rally but I work down in California and I will be on a work stint during that time. The Berryessa Rally is just for the day (and I'm off!!) and only about 15 miles from where I stay when down in California. Simple math. If I could alter the space time continuem I'd be at both!!

:lol3

15. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    We're on!! :evil

:clap

:freaky:wings :ricky :beer :jkam :slurp :ricky :kumbaya
  16. danomoon

danomoon airhead

Oddometer:
    Barring the wifey's bizarre schedule, I'll set that date aside. Cheers and see you at Berryessa as well.

Dano
  17. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    Excellent! :thumb
  18. boxertwin

boxertwin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to go! Sounds like fun. But dammit. Just mapquested it and realized it's too far for my schedule and my hack!

Have fun.
  19. DaFoole

Oddometer:
    ....sick days....:dunno

Nahhh. Slabbing with a trailer...then ride??

Just a thought. It IS a long haul from Idaho.
  20. boatmole

boatmole Druken Wildebeest

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun, I'll be there.

Marty:freaky