Mesa AZ to SW Florida - Backroads as much as possible...suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Closed Casket, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Closed Casket

Closed Casket Jaded and Faded Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey gang, hope y'all are well and SAFE from Covid and in general! I'm doing a long fly and ride, leaving for Mesa, AZ this Saturday from hot sunny and muggy SW Florida to pick up a 2016 BMW R1200RS and ride her home. About 2300 miles, no real firm time constraints (i.e, I'm between jobs, lol). The RS has just been serviced and had new Michelin PR5s installed, so is good to go.

I despise interstates - you don't see the real country on them, they are just to get from A to B to C quickly.

Out of Mesa, I was thinking about taking Rte 60 east across Eastern AZ, through all of New Mexico, into Texas. But am completely open to any ideas for roads I really shouldn't miss. The more twisty and desolate the better. BUT I am not camping, so will need to have hotels every 400 miles or so.

Any ideas or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated in advance. I'll post pics of my adventure.

Cheers!

Scott 2016-RS4.jpg
    Davethestick likes this.
  2. drumdog

drumdog it wasn't me !

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a great trip. Enjoy the bike and the ride. Two sites came to mind that give a good overview and details;
    motorcycleroads.com and adventurecycling.org The later is for meant for bicycling but it is also about seeing the country.
  3. Closed Casket

Closed Casket Jaded and Faded Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll check them out!