Metzeler MC360 aggressive knobbies?

Discussion in 'Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much HP' started by MidasTouch, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MidasTouch

MidasTouch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tire looks perfect for me. Can’t find them for the 1090R tho. Only mx bike sizes in USA but website shows them as 140 in 18s. Would prefer a 150 for the rear just for the shape and rim protection factor plus it would be more egg shaped vs flatter profile on the rim.

Anyone have em?
  2. got2go

got2go I have not seen Yayo...

Oddometer:
    I had them on my Husky 500...chunked too easily. I can only imagine what destruction the big bike would give this tire.
    windblown101 and MidasTouch like this.
  3. MidasTouch

Oddometer:
    Looking for most aggressive full knobby for the 1090r if you can recommend something. Have a set of vrm401's sitting here which I used and liked on my 1190r for mixed use but want something for 90% dirt
  4. mhr650

mhr650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Motoz Desert HT tires are about as aggressive as you can get that will stand up to a high powered adventure bike. They have a very open land sea ratio, deep knobs, and very large center knobs to stand up to the abuse. I really like them on my bike.
  5. Hopey

Hopey Hopey

Oddometer:
    I use Mitas E-08 love them. If I could control the fun factor - right wrist they’d last a lot longer.
    Just trying the E-07 less aggressive but look the part am after longer lasting is what I’m hoping.
    Hopey
  6. got2go

Oddometer:
    What kind of off-road terrain are you riding mostly on?
    If it's rocky type terrain (sharp rocks, buried rocks, steps, etc...) then I would suggest you do not go with a wide spaced knob tire...the 1090 will shred those knobs too quickly.
    In thats case, go with a closer gap between the knobs. Like the Motoz Tractionator Rallz or Adventure (this one has slightly narrower gap between knobs than Rallz).

I have the Rallz right now, but it's not doing as well in the longevity department with my style of riding in the Las Vegas desert.
    Next tire change, I might go with the Motoz Tractionator Adventure (with the narrower gap between knobs). Or just go for the cheap Kinda Big Block so I dont feel as bad shredding them.

Note: I do like abusing the throttle. So consider that when reading my opinions/suggestions.
  7. Vegas800XC

Vegas800XC lurker

Oddometer:
    I have a pair on the 690 now, make sure you get the mid/hard tire. It seems to be doing ok, I will report back later but so far after 100 miles or so dirt they are holding up. The knobs are still there which hasn’t been the case with some of the tires I have tried after 100 miles ha.
  8. MidasTouch

Oddometer:
    Bike will see mostly soft/wet/muddy grass and softer/slick dual sport single track type stuff. Very little road use to get to local trails and its ok if a rear lasts like 300miles total If its like a full blown mx tire.
  9. got2go

Oddometer:
    Motoz Tractionator Desert H/T tire.