1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Metzler Karoo Street

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Happy Snapper, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    So had the new Metzler Karoo Street on some dirt / gravel roads on the long weekend here in QLD> The bike felt so planted after the Anakee 3.

Just felt like I was riding a big trail bike. (Of course if/when it all turns to custard you will know you aren't)

Very happy with them indeed.... heading west next week !

Another report when I return.
    Wodger63 and gperkins like this.
  2. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Ok, what about noise, particularly from the rear? I was surprised how loud they were. I did find that the noise abates after a good few thousand K's. This is of course on tarmac.
  3. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    Wel.. I didn't really notice it until I rode a short distance with no earplugs.

My earplugs drown it all out..... well they couldn't hide the noise the Dunlop 606 made on my KLR :-)
  4. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    That was the sound of air blowing through the milk crate!
    Happy Snapper likes this.
  5. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    Cruz back in 81 I went camping on Moreton on my XT250G... and in fact did have a milk crate on the back!
  6. diabolik37

diabolik37 Deadly Gubba

Oddometer:
    They look like they just narrowed the gap of the same thread design as the Karoo 3... I got 4K on a rear K3 and it wasn't that good... Same grip as the rear Tourance, but at least with the Tourance I get 10k...