Mexican Issurance for 990 Adv

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Johnny_5, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Disassemble!

Oddometer:
    So I've found several places that will provide full coverage for a 950 Adv but will not for the 990 Adv. They have the 990 listed but won't provide full coverage.

Anyone else seen this?

Any guesses why they wouldn't provide full coverage for a 990?
  2. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Might just be needing databases updated, or maybe that bike still needs rates set for it...dunno.

www.mexonline.com/legal.htm lists several insuarnce options.
  3. Swarthy_Red_Beard

Swarthy_Red_Beard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking for insurance for my bike as well. XR650R. And can't find anything but liability only. most sites won't even offer full coverage to any motorcycle.

Anyone find a good site out there for insuring bikes in Mex?
  4. Kieth

Kieth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They do not provide full coverage for dirt bikes like the XR, must be too risky, there are really only 2 or 3 companies that write the policies, www.bajabound.com is one that sells these policies, pricing was the same between 2 or 3 brokers................. I have taken my 950 in and insured it 3 times, just use the 950 model number and make a special note on the application about the problem with the 990. :huh

Look for links within the bajabound website for vehicle permits online, it beats the heck out of standing in line at the border. We also got our tourist cards online.......................:freaky
  5. MysteryRider

MysteryRider Laughing at danger

Oddometer:
    Try these guys:

http://www.drivemex.com/

Ride Safe,
    Vettster
  6. petdav

petdav Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sanborn's Insurance- http://sanbornsinsurance.com/ -recommended to us by Rosen's Rides -US$150 approx for a $5,000 new KLR full coverage insurance for a 6 month policy in Oct. 2004. Oddly the 6 month policy was slightly cheaper than the 30 day policy. Very easy to deal with!!
  7. psychsurf

psychsurf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Timely thread, I'm running into this same problem with my bikes

Ok, tried them all, none of them will do full coverage for my bikes (sv650's). So, what it comes down to is $260 to insure my bikes for my mex trip, liability only... Accident happens, only protection I get is that I don't get thrown right in jail. Weak.

Any other alternatives?