Mexico: Casas Grandes to Madera Waypoints?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Hltoppr, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Hltoppr

Hltoppr El Gringo Spectacular

Oddometer:
    Anyone have waypoints for the route from Casas Grandes/Nuevo Casas Grandes to Madera?

I've got the waypoints for Madera and La Mesa Del Huracan, but need those for Juarez, Cuauhtemoc, San Diego, Juan Mata Ortiz, and Cuesta Blanca.

-H- :D
  2. Pete_Tallahassee

Pete_Tallahassee Grampy

Oddometer:
    I did that route in 04 without a GPS on a 650 KLR. I got lost for a few hours but found my way by asking locals. I missed a left turn right after a creek/stream and ended up looking at a pretty big river to ford. The folks that had just crossed the river in my direction told me that the road was going up into the Sierra Madre. It's an all day ride but lots of fun. Have a good one.
  3. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    I was just looking at some maps a couple hours ago ... want to figure a route from Agua Prieta to Gomez Frisas. Unless there's some serious Baja-style fast stuff, seems like it's gonna be a 2-day ride...

Just got back from Copper Canyon last weekend & it would be nice to be able to get down there & shave off some of the 400 miles of pavement from the border to Creel...
  4. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    You can go fom Agua Prieta to Madera on dirt, and that would be better than Gomez Farias if you were headed to Creel. Takes two days, I've done it a half dozen times. If you needed to get to Gomez Farias for some reason, you could take some dirt out to Nicolas Bravo from Mesa de Huracan, and then across to Gomez Farias.

It is also possible to get all the way to San Juanito from Agua Prieta - by dirt. Takes four days. I've done that one twice.
  5. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    PM'd ya...
  6. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    Back at ya.