Mexico City Select NTv2 ??

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by Ron Seida, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ron Seida

Ron Seida Adventman

Oddometer:
  2. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Scroll down on the Garmin link to see how limited the coverage is. Most anyplace you'd want to go on a moto isn't included. There're more expensive but the bicimapas are what you want. Dan
  3. Ozz

Ozz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought it several months ago, before I knew this forum existed. If I had posted the same question, I would have saved about $150.:lol3

It's OK if you spend a lot of time in Mexico City, Guadalajara or Monterrey. Very detailed street coverage and POI's for in these urban areas. If you want to rely on autorouting in while in these cities, I do not recomend it because it does not know the direction of traffic flow in many streets. Plus without knowing the amount of trafic in the calculated route, you end up very frustrated.

As far as rural roads, it does not include small roads nor dirtroads. The only highways that it does cover are a few major highways, and you really don't need a GPS for those.

Definately not for ADVriding.

Hope this helps.