Mexico In Feb, March

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by PARTY BOSS™, Oct 6, 2006.

1. gary138

gary138 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adventure Mexican Ins. Co. includes flight home if needed due to health, theft etc.. Is there a reason to buy medjet separately ???
  2. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Since there are only 3 insurance companies that insure tourists in Mexico, most of your quotes will be in the same ballpark (+/- retailer fees).

Basic liability is only $49. If you want $100K coverage, it's $63. From your quote, I am guessing $5K value and basic liability. Where are you guys going on this tour? How likely is the bike to be stolen (read the fine print, no coverage for partial loss and there's a $1K deductible for accident damage, $1.5K for theft :deal )? Maybe you are better off taking a good lock with you?

Gustavo
  3. PARTY BOSS™

PARTY BOSS™ FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer:
    the coverages I found are much better than the adventure co med jet takes you to US for tratment and ships your bike home ,Adventure co takes you to nearest hospital bike to closest repair facility? They use the same ins co and both were platinum policy so coverage on bike same .

total of both was only 40 bucks cheaper to get a Definate flight out to US hosp The adventure would only fly in case ambulance wasn't possible.
  4. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    If y'all do more than ride from fancy hotel to fancy hotel and a few tourist attractions in between, you will be very, very glad that you did so.

The odds of you being shot by a bandito or rebel, or your Ipod thingy being ripped out of your ear at a traffic light, are greater than 2:1. :D
  5. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    You lost me ?are you saying I'm twice ass likely to be shot then robbed:eek1
  6. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Just suggesting that you take time to play with the eddies in the river.
  7. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

No fancy hotels and prolly no big tourist attractions
  8. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    Huh, Que hable Señor B00b?
  9. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    I got room in the trailer for one more bike .There are only two of us so far, another pair would be good, but were leavin in two weeks and two days .crossing at mcallen on the second of march , headed to ciudad valles.we'll park the trailer in san antonio on the 1st leave for mcallen on the 2nd of march. Hopefully get there in time to cross border get permits .Spend the night in mcallen and leave on the 3rd
  10. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Shawn and I booked the Insurance and are stoked to get packing, leaving in 12 days:jump
  11. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Gordo tonto y contento.

Oddometer:
    San Diego, not Mex, but I can smell it from here.
    :thumb That there is quotable gold!

Leaving from San Diego for Cabo in the morning. My route will be where ever the wind blows me. Only positives are a couple of days in Los Barriles with a friend.

(East Cape RV Park, behind Otra Ves Resturante)

Back in San Diego by March 5.

See you out there! :freaky
  12. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    leaving a week from tommorrow .1st stop greeneville tn .27 is my dads birth day 89 and going stron watch for him on the road:lol3
    28th stop in memphis drop dad of at brother maybe a trip to Beale St Home of the Blues:clap
  13. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

Hey woody you still meetin me ? What time ? I prolly wont be at my cabin till 6 pm.

Leaving here 11 am on the first leg of the journey:clap :jose
  14. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    Man, this has snuck up on me. I can still meet up with you though. PM me your cell # or something.

Your talking tomorrow night right? Whoa! Rick is on his way:clap Wish I was going but at least my bike will get its first leg out of the way. FWIW DON'T NEGLECT TURNING IN THAT PERMIT STICKER
    :cry
  15. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Just cause ya can't go don't mean you can't tell me have a safe trip ,good luck ,god's speed ,don't let the dooor hit you in the ass or somthin!

Out of 8 peoplewho said in ,come on ! :ear
  16. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

Have fun and be safe dude, I can't remember if I sent you my number or not so I'm going to pm you. Chris and I leave tomorrow morning so you may end up seeing us on the road. We're going to pensacola first and then westward monday. Take some pics and enjoy the scenery :evil .
  17. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Will do y'all be safe too . I'll give you a ring on the way .We'll be in san Antonio on thurs .there's an adv guy there who said we could crash there .Whip is his handle look it up on the tent space list if your interested.
  18. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    I read somewhere that there is a fee for bringing a car into the country and it was based on the year of the vehicle. do the y have such a thing ,and if so does it aply to bikes ? and how much if so?
  19. Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    This is the temp vehicle permit, which applies to motos as well as cars.
    Rather than posting a cash bond of $200-400, you can use a credit card and they ding you for $30 or so. If you post the cash bond, it's returned to you when leaving Mex, as long as the permit has not expired.
    Some borders now do not accept Amex.
  20. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

Hey thanks man sounds fine and I got all the cards :wink: