1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

mexico is frozen

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Feb 4, 2005.

1. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    made it into mexico yesterday afternoon. the weather is cold. 200 dollar speeding ticket in san antonio texas and missouri ticket still up in the air.at least i can just pay this one. i guess maybe i should buy a harley and slow down.rode thru rain most of today with temps below 50degrees. not like camping at the farm in january but too cold for me because i have only a pair of jeans tshirts light gloves.this was unexpected. tommorow i will wear 4 tshirts under my jacket.my gym shoes have been soaked all day and i left my boots and heated gloves and jacket in austin.this is the wifes 1st trip into mexico on the back of the bike and she is holding up very well so far.we´ll see how she is tommorrow as they are calling for rain all day again and we should reach ¨¨el espinosa del diablo¨,the spine of the devil.but tonight it is a 1st class room at the hampton inn of torreon and sopa tortilla y grilled salmon at the restaurante next door.nothing cheap but it was a tough day so a good meal with a few beers and a nice room was in order.motojoe,ezra y elektron I promise to do my best to send your mother back in one piece. So far mexico has been brutal but by sunday we should be on the beach in mazatlan. then again by sunday mom and i may be fighting like the ¨¨hansons¨
  2. topes

topes Banned

Oddometer:
    Very cool Jim. Did you take 30 down or did you go down 40 through Monterrey and Saltillo? Cold or not, I'm jealous... Be safe...
  3. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    I love the way this adventure started!
    Please keep us up to date.
    Fck those stateside tickets...they're no fun anyway.
  4. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    from neuvo laredo took 85 south to 40,yes monterrey y saltillo.
  5. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    good t hear you guys are having fun. At least its not as hot as when you and me crossed into belize. If only t was somewhere in between those temps all the time. :D
    Slow down in the states, can't have you getting your license suspended.

joe
  6. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    made it to mazatlan today. mountians were awesome. road was good exept the rain washied alot of boulders onto it. we left this morning in a cold rain but the day turned great and we were pulling off clothes coming to the pacific.
  7. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    another ticket ?!? and i'm the one getting my liscence suspended by the state of illinois !?! hope matzatlan is warmer and less wet in the air, than austin has been. looks like the weather cleared up for you which is good :

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/76458.html

la espinoza del diablo sounds like a fun road.. even just to say it..

have fun, come back in two pieces..
  8. motojoe

Oddometer:
    Damn dad, get a job :)
  9. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd have to agree... get a job.
  10. motojoe

Oddometer:
    Word has it they made it to mazatlan and spent today on the beach drinking margaritas and watching the waves roll in. Hell yeah I could go for that.

joe
  11. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    I prefer snow and ice to sun and sand any day....

:vardy
  12. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Jim, try to find the bar that Motoclub Mazatlan uses for headquarters. It's a few blocks down the strip from that conglomeration on the beach side of the road with all the bars in it. It's on the beach side of the road.
  13. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    we are back in torreon tonight. left mazatlan this morning and rode the espinoza del diablo in nice weather today.all the trees and most of the rocks are cleaned off the roadway.great riding and the food has been so good. got mrs. into chile rellonos today and yesterday she had her first torta.best damn torta I ever had. Tonight the guy from the hotel took us to dinner. we asked him to take us to a mexican place that he liked himself. he pulled up to tony roma´s. no no no we said. his next spot was dennys. We could have died laughing. anyway we ended up at a mexican joint and it was decent. so many different salsa´s and peppers and hot shit in mexico.damn good. little mom and pop joint for lunch where mom cooks and pop is nowhere around.anyway she was making the tortillas fresh when we walked in and they were superb. tony romas my ass.
  14. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    see you guys fall too much. hope the weather is nice in evanston
  15. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    sorry i saw this too late and don,t expect to back in mazatlan until maybe next year. ¿do they hang in chiapas any where? ¿and hey is this keyboard cool or what? upside down question marks¿¿¿¿¿¿ viva mexico
  16. motojoe

Oddometer:
    serious now, get a damn job. You guys should be sitting in florida in a boring resort talking about how "florida is supposed to be warmer than this" or playing shuffle board talking about lipitor vs St johns wart. "Ha! I take a hefty bag of pills a day to keep going, I eat bran, my stool floats, I check it you know." or something like that anyway. Just seems like my parents shouldn't be riding motorcycles around mexico while I wash the damn dishes and shiver.

(For my parents only, not you advrider asses, Cha says "Hi".)

:D
    joe
  17. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    el espinoza del diablo sinalo,mexico feb 2005

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mazatlan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mardi gras

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    the tecate girls (a donde es moto jose)

[​IMG]

back to the spine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 years and 45,000 miles on the connie and the first time i run out of gas is. durango,mexico

[​IMG]

Now this is where i think you adv guys have gotten into my head. as we started to slide and i was out of control and i knew we going down all iwas thinking was damn i gotta snap a picture before i pick it up. thanks guys. this was south of monterrey on the way up and down a gravel/dirt/cobblestone deviation,to see the cola de caballo waterfall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so after the fall going to see the falls the hotel cost me 1300 pesos to pacify my wife. damn. broken mirror scraatched up fairing,broken saddle bag latch a few minor scrapes on me and teri and memories to last a lifetime. tommorrow i work on the bike to try and rig a mirror on the left side fix the bag change the oil and get ready to head back down into mexico and hope to make guatemala honduras el salv...............

and to close it out the standard pic
    [​IMG]
  19. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love this place, This is my third trip to Mexico with the Freemans this year,Thanks Jim and Motomom, Ive been lurking in the luggage the whole trip, its nice to get a look around. :lol3
    The horizontal Connie is a sign. Not sure what it says, but its a sign. :D maybe Some knobs on the Kawi and join us for the Spring Ride ? :deal

Now, Pass me the peppers and get a Job :evil
  20. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    To the Freeman boys: You are truly in the 'lucky sperm' club to have parents like this!

I strive to provide the same example to my kids!

To Jim and Mrs. F: Great job and ride safe!

kfsinc