1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

mexico is frozen

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Feb 4, 2005.

1. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    okay its been a few days so i'll try to keep it short.First nite in el salvador was a trip. no a/c no fan very hot.the town of la libertad. by the time i uloaded the bike i was locked up in the hotel.bars and gates on everything. the guard let me out but said not to go far.So ijust went and got some bottles of water around the corner and a bit more but it didn't seem right with so much locked up.to many drunks and beggars. next day in el salvador was awesome.the daylight people are really great and i spend a lot of time talking with them.i am always lost and when i ask for help i get it.be nice if i had a map but then i wouldn't be pulling over to talk with these people except for water,gas and food. in that order too. Crossed the border into honduras the other day and it was just what i needed to get me back to el salvador and guatemala. just over the bridge in honduras the cops stopped me by standing in the road. they waved me over and off the bike. big fat cop with cigar and sunglasses start knocking on his head saying something about infraction. I wasn't wearing a helmet. Here i am about 3500 miles from missouri 2500 hundred miles from san antonio and the cops are still looking out for me. gives me a warm feeling.so they put me in an officina with the big fat cop and he has my drivers lic. and is writing a ticket. so i asked him how much and had no idea what he said. esciba por favor. he writes L10 on a piece of paper and slides it across the desk.it was like a bad movie. gave him 5 dollars u.s. and he gave me my lic. with a lecture i think because he was pounding on his head again. next was customs,mucho tiempo y 40 dollar u.s. propina because it was sunday and bank was closed.finally free but missing one stamp.one the road 1 more kilometer or so and the military stops me. another $25.00. said i won't pay i'll go back to el salvador. no they said,you cannot go.missing 1 stamp pay the propina and go in to honduras.and i was told not to come back across this border crossing again. so i went about 75 miles into honduras got a hotel ate an awesome dinner showered sleep and returned to border next morning early. tired of the crossings. back in el salvador i stayed inside the center and went thru san salvador.saw more of the city than i wanted but it was great.spent the night in santa ana el salvador and crossed back into guatemala today, came a little different route this time and deciced to go see attitlan.this may be the best spot i've been in yet. i think the i was at about 9000 ft at one point. In the clouds,low visability freezing very light rain but just beautiful.some spots the road dropped like the mountains in oaxaca.falling down the mountains with twisties and swithbacks and the road is in really good shape.anyway i am having a great time take care all ff's
  2. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    and before i hear any shit about the helmet i was going 5 kmp across the bridge full of people bicycles wheelbarrows loiterers.from 1 customs office to another.
  3. hardybaker

hardybaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,
    If you are still at the lake, probablly in
    Panajachel, try to find time to take the ferry boat ride to across the lake, to one of the several cities they serve. My favorite was San Lucas Toliman. Use to cost about ten quetzals round trip. The colors of that lake are spectular. Enjoy. Hardy Baker
  4. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Now I know where Joe get's all his shyness :wink:
  5. motogrl

motogrl I love dogs too

Oddometer:
    Jim~
    Glad to hear that you are safe and having a good time....btw...monkey is a complete ass...we had to let him go...:rofl.....well, no we didn't let him go, but he is a big ass, and I really thought about it...get back here so he can bite you instead.
    Taylor
  6. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    MG-I will take monkey if you take iggy. . .

Dad, now I gotta drop outta school and go get a few more countries on my connie. Damn. :cry

ride safe.

joe
  7. motogrl

motogrl I love dogs too

Oddometer:
    joe: at least iggy has scruples
  8. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    taylor you know you love that damn cat
  9. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    stay in school joe this is no way to live yesterday i was at the highest point on the inter/american highway 3670 meters. you could never handle this i only do it because i have too it aint easy but somebody in the family has to ride while you guys clean and wax your bikes.
  10. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  11. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    clean and wax??? the bike is already clean and waiting for me at DPY.

Sounds like yer having a great time. keep up the good work.
  12. motogrl

motogrl I love dogs too

Oddometer:
    Hey staples...shouldn't you be werking? Get a job...:evil
  13. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    The Honduran helmet scam claims another victim. Don't tell me, the guy on the other side of the bridge told you not to worry about putting the helmet back on because they want to see you with it off on the other side. That's one of the old ones. Oh, and ten Limpira is about fifty cents.
  14. freemansis

freemansis freemansis

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,

KT & I have been keeping track of your travels & following you on the globe. Sounds like you're having a great time! Be safe! Love Ya!

Sandy & KT
  15. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    i am in puerto escondido,oaxaca,mexico tonight.on the pacific ocean about 450 km s/e of acapulco.had to open all my bags 5 times thru chiapas for the military.gets to be a pain.now i am further north where they wave you through.Stayed at jose´s camping and cabañas last night in puerto arista,chiapas.got a great nights sleep after drinking too many beers and bullshiting with jose while he made dinner.he used to be a canadian named john.ay' been in mexico 31 years ay´ the guy can cook. misses the salmon though ay. ¿if sis and katie are reading this do i need to change my pic?¿has jackson been in here too? i gotta run and get some dinner now. got a taste for chile rellanos if i can find some.¿any one want to meet me at the restaurante? sorry but i just love these upside down¿¿¿¿.oh and sis,the taxes on your condo in missouri(misery to me)should be going down soon.you´re welcome.and pat i´ll be needing to try that new bike soon.¿is blue faster than yellow?
  16. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    hmm.. i wash my bike when it rains, or in mud puddles.. and what is this wax stuff you mentioned ? that werk on plastic ?

[​IMG]

*edit*
    well, blue or yellow? either way, my bike is obviously the fastest...
    ;-)
    *edit*

cheers
  17. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Did you remember to say hi to Jose for me?
  18. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

hey thats quite a look!

when you heading North?
  19. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    i'll be heading noth in the beginning of april if everything goes acording to plan. and hopefully it won't get too hot own here before then. :-D
  20. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    Hey mcd I haven't driven a car in two weeks, how about you?