1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

mexico is frozen

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Feb 4, 2005.

1. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:

Its faster than silver.

:D
  2. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Had to drive the van Monday and Tuesday. The mother-in-law died last week and we've been doing a lot of stuff for her Dad. Moving shit and all that. See you at the spring ride.
  3. motojoe

Oddometer:
    sorry to hear that mike.
  4. motogrl

motogrl I love dogs too

Oddometer:
    Jim~
    Of course blue is faster then yellow. In addition, I believe that blue is even faster then silver....just a thought....:D
  5. motogrl

motogrl I love dogs too

Oddometer:
    Joe,
    you've posted your 666 post...:huh
  6. Johnny5

Johnny5 n00b

Oddometer:
    Uncle Jimmy - Glad to hear that you've met some of my mum's country folk down der in Mexico. Must be nice to talk to a Canadian, ah? I can just here it now, "So you're from Chicago, ah?", "Your arse must hurt after riding that bike for so long, ah?"....and so on.....hope to see ya soon...I'm getting very big!

Jackson
  7. motojoe

Oddometer:
    uh oh the family is getting on advrider, they are gonna find out that we really do ride as much as we talk about it. is there a george clooney site?
  8. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AHHH!!!! my eyes....

wont be long before mine looks like that. :p
  9. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Staples-So you bought a DRZ??
  10. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    '05 blue.

need some tires and some off-road protective gear and I'm set for spring. :D
  11. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it!! Another Freeman bro with a DRZ...It's lookin like a trend :evil
  12. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    from new to abused in two short rides :lol3
  13. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    hola i am in guanajuato,guanajuato tonight,this is the most beautiful city i have seen yet.Old stone buildings and tunnels everywhere.spent last nite in cuernavaca,also nice. the ride out of cuernavaca north and then west was awesome.went thru a national park full of twisties and pine trees.I will probably spend two nites here and check out the mummies and other things around town.tried to stop earlier but couldn´t find a hotel.Tonight the bike has to stay on street because my hotel is in centro historic zone.I think it should be ok and the hotel people say it is seguridad. pat,post a pic of that drz now before it is too late.try like hell not to wreck on the street,use the 600 for street games.be careful.
  14. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    shhhhh the connie is sleeping. i slept very well last night.up at 7am and made coffee.drank it.made another.drank it. went to look for phone to call el rey.closed. walked the square.phone still closed.back to the room.made coffee.drank it.made coffee.drank it.back to phone still closed.but signs of life.10:40 they opened.called the number for EL REY.
    bueno
    buenos dias. esta es jim freeman y yo nessesito aristeo.
    ¿como?
    esta es jim freeman de chicago y yo trabajer con aristeo en chicago.
    oooooo....chicago
    si ¿aristeo vive con usted?
    si si un momento
    gracias
    at this time voices were talking loud and fast in spanish and i heard aristeo and chicago and that is all i got out of a thousand words. soon EL REY himself was on the phone. told him i was in guanajuato and he started telling me how to get to his house and how did i get to guanajuato. oh on the motorcycle and are the boys with you and it will take three hours to get to his house and on and on.
    now i thought he lived in the town of guanajuato,but it turns out he lives in uriangato. a town i went thru yesterday on my way to pay homage to EL REY.
    so i asked him if tommorrow was ok because this city has too much to see and i need all day just to touch it. yes tommorrow is good.yes come tommorrow. for those who do not know,EL REY means the king. for those who do not know my freind aristeo,i am sorry for you.but if you are lucky you know someone like him. he has a life ethic of a very high standard.he knows right from wrong and lives it.he does not cheat anyone. he has taught me many things in my work but more in life. yes i know this has nothing to do with motorcycles. but whatever. this is a great man. motojoe has also learned much from EL REY and i think he will tell you that EL REY was a big factor in him going back to school as well as many other things.Staples has also spent some time under the big wing of EL REY.
    so across the street and 300ft from my hotel is la casa y museo de Diego Rivera.that was next on my list to do today. so i stand at the door and read the sign that says cerrado a lunes. closed, closed on monday. diego rivera to me ´was´a great painter.but tommorrow when the museum opens i will be with EL REY who ´is´a great man. the coffee shop is open now so i got a cup and went to find a bus to get to the museo de momias[mummys].saw one with momias painted on the window and hopped on. paid 2 and a half pesos and i was on my way.got off at the momias sign and walked up a very steep hill for three or four blocks to the museum. looked at my watch,it was 12:15 so i grabbed a beer.drank it.had to.day off for the connie.the connie sleeps.went in to the museum. it was rather gruesome inside. most the bodies looked like they died in great pain.bodies of children bodies of babies bobies of men and women.some clothed some enclothed or with only socks on thier feet.lots of bodies.makes you thing of those you have lost and of your own mortality.made me think i need to read some about el dia de muerte and learn more about how the mexican people view death. also made me think that cremation is the way to go. not the way to die i mean. you know what i mean. it just seemed wrong that these people were dug up and put on display like that because the family fell three years or more behind on paying for the crypt.but hey,who am i to judge,i took pics. so i left there not really knowing what to think and started walking.soon i smelled food.not just food but really good food.the DRUG food. crack cocaine of the obese. i followed my nose. up in a small shop was a man with about a dozen chickens on a large rottiserie in front of a wood burning stove. my eyes were now as happy as my nose. i climbed the stairs. after ten minutes of my shit spanish i understood that this was not a restarante.he only cooked the chickens and sold them to families and buisnesses. down the stairs and a half block away i was thinking,everyone in mexico cooks chickens.half the people in mexico raise chickens to cook.these people can cook any animal and any part of any animal and make almost all of it taste good. But this guy makes a living just cooking chickens and selling it to these people.he must be good.if i walk away from this chicken i will never know.i went back.talked for five or ten more minutes and left his shop with half a chicken in a black plastic bag. 25pesos. i sat on the curb and savored this juicy chicken with it perfectly crusted skin and it was good. it was very good.
    so i walked some more and got back on a bus and got off in the centro and sat at a cafe on the square.ordered a cerveza leon.drank it cervaza monteja.drank it.cervaza modelo cristal.drank it.cervaza victoria.drank it.cerveza corona.drank it. decided that in my opinion[which i am often told sucks] cerveza corona is ¨la cerveza mas fina´. so i had another. this was not selfish of me to sit like this. no no i was doing it for motojoe. for as i sat there on the square on this glorias afternoon i was doing a job that motojoe requested.i was also getting some pics of las bonitas de guanajuato. Electron i may need a refresher course in posting when i get back in kinky friedman land. that just sounds so much better than texas does it not. kinky friedman land. everything is bigger in the great state of kinky friedman land.
  15. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ever thought about being a novelist? sure ya'd need some proof-reading. But hey! who doesn't.

Sounds like a kewl day. can't wait to see the pics.
  16. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    I will most definetly help to 'learn' you the basics of posting, with pics and everything, again :-D ...

can't wait to see the pics myself.. sounds like good times .. keep the updates a coming !!
  17. freemansis

freemansis freemansis

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you are having a great time! We're really enjoying reading about your adventures - your descriptions make it easy to feel like we're right there! Stay safe!

Sandy & KT :robin
  18. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    i am at the house of EL REY. got gifts from him for staples elektron and motojoe.will spend a night here and hit the road again.
  19. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  20. Johnny5

Johnny5 n00b

Oddometer:
    Jimmy or MOTO or Staples (aka Office Depot) or Electron- This EL REY sounds like a great guy to meet....when is he coming to Chicago?

and another thing....I'm going to start reading these posts before dinner....they are making me too hungry at 9:15PM.....