1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

mexico is frozen

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Feb 4, 2005.

1. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    yea.. when you go pick up a six pack, isn't it always 40s?
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    keepin it real down in tejas:freaky

It looks like your head is larger in the empties pic
  3. Johnny5

Johnny5 n00b

Oddometer:
    ¡Se parece a usted vio muchos asnos latinos apretados!
  4. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    so my if girlfriend reads this and asks why are the pictures of girls for you joe?

uh baby I dont know :D I only have eyes for you :wink:
  5. motojoe

Oddometer:
    pops freeman is back in chicago with his trusty concours and his freedom
  6. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    yes,i'm home. and it's good to be here.even though the phone rang this morning and it was the boss and i had to go look at a job and i have to go do the job tommorrow.the trip was a total success. a wonderful adventure. on the down side my missouri court date yesterday morning cost me 500 bones. on the up side it could have cost me 1000 dollars and up to 1 year in jail. my lawyer says i got off lucky. 500 dollars for speeding doesn't feel lucky. and texas got me for 190 dollars for speeding.and i am now riding on 2 tickets which takes away some of the fun. on the up side i got to spend some time in austin with elektron.on the down side i crashed in austin. on the upside i was wearing my gear and slid about 200 feet with no injurys. on the down side my bike slid about 1000 feet and broke the fairing saddlebag shift lever clutch lever lower cowling mirror and turn signals. on the up side 15 dollars worth of bolts and duct tape from home depot "the motorcycle improvement warehouse" made it rideable again. on the down side my speedometer stopped working just north of austin so i had to ride about 1200 miles with no speedo and on 2 tickets. on the upside i made it home last nite before the snow hit this morning. thanks to everyone who posted on this thread while i was on the trip. it was nice to hear from family and friends when i could get online. now i need to order some parts and beg motojoe for his help getting the connie back in shape. i think next year i'll head for...........? (oh yeah,phil,you can post that pic of the austin police response to my accident now if you want)
  7. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    welcome back Jimfreeman. Thanks for taking us along.
  8. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    i havn't even gotten it off the camera yet.. when i get around to it, i'll post it... shoulda tried to get a pic of you sliding down the road.. :-)

It's good thing when you can walk away with a laugh and a story. A crash now and again helps remind you where the line is. I prefer to crash off-road tho O:-)

/me knocks on wood.

/me has the I.Q. of a fencepost.
  9. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    glad you're ok Jim, sorry to hear about your accident. :nod
  10. motojoe

Oddometer:
    I will fix the connie if you buy a dual sport for the spring ride and we can fall down together in the creek, or we can hold of fixing your connie and we can both ride our connies down to the spring ride and through the creek. I suggest the first option

joe
  11. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

i'll never forget seeing my father sliding down the road, behind his connie, scrapping down the road like a snowplough, headed right for me :-) I'm glad that minus some bumps and bruises, everyone's alright and yer connie didn't involve anyone else. Besides the shifter, it's mostly superficial damage tho, right ? should be all good.
    ------

Now I lay me down to sleep
    I hear the sirens in the street
    All my dreams are made of chrome
    I have no way to get back home
    - Tom Waits
  12. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the tip pilot. This stop in chiapas was real nice. Jose's Camping and Cabanas. This is Jose preparing dinner. It took him 3 hours,and many beers but it was very good. He called it a "Baby shark stir fry kinda thing".
  13. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Did he have the music crankin'? He usually does. I'll have to get the lowdown at the spring ride at Chain's. You're going, aren't you?
  14. walks

walks Beer budget adventurer

Oddometer:
    So that's where they are, Guanajuato, eh? I just spent a week in Mexico and this lady choking her granddaughter is all I saw:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and Jim, you're right, it's f'ing freezing in Mexico...was in Real de Catorce anyway.