Mexico to Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Americas' started by FatmouseWorldWide, Mar 11, 2019.

1. FatmouseWorldWide

FatmouseWorldWide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mexico to Massachusetts

Hey all,
    I've been living on an 07 KLR for the past two years, California to Ushuaia, and now back.

In the next week, I'll cross into Texas at Laredo, heading up towards Massachusetts.

I know nothing about this part of the US, and I've got zero plan.
    Hoping you all can send me in the right direction.

Specifically looking for local treasures, good wild camping spots, inmates who can accommodate me for a night, or weirdly cheap places to get indoors for a night (if those exist in the US).

Most nights I camp out. But I've gotten used to a shower every couple days thanks to cheap Latin hotels, and I doubt I've got the grit to go the whole way without one.

If anyone lives in the area (basically the entire gulf and Eastern seaboard) give me a shout. I've usually got some booze squirrelled away ;)

Cheers!
    Eric
  2. AntiSuperEgo

AntiSuperEgo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is your time frame? The northeast is cold and icy, generally, this time of year.
  3. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you know about the Tent Space Map thread here in Trip Planning?
  4. FatmouseWorldWide

Oddometer:
    Thanks Boatpuller! I'd not heard of it before. Greatly appreciate the resource!
  5. FatmouseWorldWide

Oddometer:
    AntiSuper, as far as timeframe goes, I aim to hit Boston sometime before NEXT winter. So pretty slow pace.
  6. AntiSuperEgo

AntiSuperEgo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Autumn in New England is a great time. Leave usually start changing early October. Fresh apples and warm cider.
  7. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honestly the OP's subject is 3,000 plus miles of "what to say next"? And that's if he ride's in a straight line. :lol2
    Maybe tell us where you haven't been or preferences? For starters stay in lower TX or AZ before it warms up, then creep into the gulf coast as it's springtime there from E TX to FL-wettish & stormy but a nice time of year. Or linger out west until May or so when the rockies get more snowfree?
    Otherwise what can we say:dunno nice stuff like apples & cider. :-)
  8. 14fg

14fg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you get to Massachusetts, theres some fun off-road in these parts. Be prepared to drag frame on the Klr :)