Mexico Trip? Check this out...

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Marc, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    Hey Adventurers,

I just received a brochure packed in a box with a CycoActive Touratech GPS mount I just ordered. The brochure is from a company called Pancho Villa Moto-Tours. Apparently, they've been guiding motorcycle tours through Meheeeeeko since 1981. According to their website, they've got three types of tours (Road, Light Adventure and Expedition) to suit your degree of intensity. It looks like the Expedition tour takes you through the Copper Canyon - hell, they even have KLR 650's to rent if you don't want to kill your GS.

Just might be a good place for information and even a tour.

Marc
  2. Dirtybill

Dirtybill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Copper Canyon is on my Must Do list. Bigger than the Grand Canyon and you can ride thru it.

Some friends and I have been talking about doing it for a while now. We just have to go do it sometime!!
  3. txhardcore

txhardcore KLR A-11

Oddometer:
    I'm sure Pancho Villa does some great tours, but a group tour is hardly necessary in Copper Canyon or anywhere in Mexico. Gas is pentiful off pavement in most every village. Usually, it's just a matter of asking and adding an Octane booster. Food and lodging are also plentiful if you can ask. I'd suggest you grab a partner, learn some basic Spanish, grab a map, and haul ass.
  4. Dirtybill

Dirtybill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's a few guys from the Oakland MC that go there off and on. A few of them speak Spanish so I'd like to do the trip with them. They have the experience and the language down pat.