Mexico Trip - Destination Guanajuato Sep 1-8

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by 97Octane, Jun 13, 2007.

1. 97Octane

97Octane Defining Mediocrity

Oddometer:
    Here is the email from Patrick who lives on Lake Chapala:

Hi,

Looks like Dean has pretty much collapsed - it's now a "tropical depression". We had a good storm last night (v. windy), and it's cloudy right now. Forecast is "scattered t-storms" for the rest of the week.

patrick

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

2. DesertSeeker

DesertSeeker Beto

Oddometer:
    Hi, I live about 100 miles from Guanajuato and for sure you are going to have some rain because from the end of July to the end of September is the raining season down here. I just saw the weather forecast for the next 10 days, and it looks like we are going to have some more rain in the next two weeks, but I don't think it will be something you are not used to, and main highways are in good condition.

Once down there try to visit Mineral de Pozos, it's a really nice ghost mining town (Smaller than Real de 14) so it can be seen in about 2 or 3 hours, and it´s not so far from San Miguel de Allende. I found a link in English if some one is interested.
    http://www.posadadelasminas.com/

Have fun visiting my country, and don't drink the water if it's not bottled.:freaky
  3. 97Octane

97Octane Defining Mediocrity

Oddometer:
    Thank you everyone for your help, thoughts, comments, suggestions, hopes, fears, and off topic ramblings.

2 days till departure, and I am so excited that not much focus is being placed on work at the moment. My next series of posts will hopefully be in the ride report section! :evil
  4. oscar zerrweck

oscar zerrweck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    jajajajaja esa estubo buena ,,,, saludos y nos vemos algun dia en la carretera gus
  5. Gringacho

Gringacho Una Aventura Loca

Oddometer:
    Billy and group are in Mexico as we speak and I'm stuck here in San Antonio with a sick GS. Crankshaft failure between San Antonio and Laredo last night. Billy, Anna and Dave got to Laredo and Pete @ Alamo BMW came to bail me out with his trailer on mile marker 212 around 6:30 CST. :cry

I road in to Houston from Atlanta with with no problems, met up with Billy and Anna and we all had some beers on Thursday night chatting about the ride. The GS decided to take a shit on me about 50 miles south of San Antonio and now I'm looking at about $3000 to get her back in running order to head south hopefully a week later for Honduras.

Billy (97Octane), Anna (Billy's Wife) and Dave are stand up Texans and I wish them well on there travels in Mexico and hope to catch up with them in San Antonio on there way back through.

Attached Files:

6. Gringacho

Gringacho Una Aventura Loca

Oddometer:
    Pulled the front alt. cover found the hall sensor in pieces due to the crank wobbling at high speeds.

Attached Files:

7. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Unusual.

How many miles?
    Any ideas about what led up to this - changes in 'feel', etc?