1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Mezo`s 1988 XT600 Rebuild Thread (Project Ténéré)

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mezo, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    I don't think Mezo, would have really bothered to obtain a noob account. I maybe wrong. ADV has gone down hill in last couple of years and why quite a lot Aussies have left

Perma- ban or not
  2. smokeeater495

smokeeater495 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow.:cry Mezo getting banned is a shame. I looked forward to learning more about his builds and read this thread on a daily basis.
    [​IMG]
  3. Rywong

Rywong Talkin Boot

Oddometer:
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:

In reference to the first quote, by an Aussie, I said if he sees nothing wrong with the racist post others on this site did not like it and reported it. I discussed this with the Mod Squad and Aussie mods weighed in as well. It was decided the right course of action is to punt the comments and give Mezo a vacation from this site. He attempted a fake noob registration and the vacation was extended. He doesn't want to come back, that's his choice.
    Again, we will not tolerate racist comments here.

p.s. Portraying Australia's aboriginal people as welfare sponging, thieving, lazy drunks and displaying a photo of a disheveled aborigine juxtaposed next to a dapper Touareg man might have been comical to some, but when inmates report such a post, we evaluate the complaint and take action when necessary. This is no different than stereotyping or using racial epithets to denigrate Africans, Asians, Arabs, Jews, Italians, Germans, or other ethnic groups. This thread is now closed. When Mezo's ban expires, should he wish to return to this thread, he may contact me and ask me to re-open it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.