Michaux Dual Sport 2020

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Matt_Mc, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye !

August 16th, 2020
    Michaux State Forest
    Shippensburg Pa.

The 32 annual Michaux Dual sport is in the planning phases as we speak. Mark your calendars and save the date for the best ride of the year ! Well, it's pretty damn good anyhow.

New trails are being planned and marked out, even in the snow and ice !

Talks of bringing back the ADV ride pre event are happening.

A new location/venue is also being sought out to relieve the pressures of fitting everyone into the Big Flats parking area !

New Location will be the Shippensburg Fairgrounds !

The new venue has a ton of parking, RV spots available, Camping spots available, cell phone coverage, and you’ll be walking distance to all the Shippensburg restaurants and hotels.

Registration opens approx. end of March !

https://www.facebook.com/events/534615570597821/

20191211_142812.jpg

Stay tuned for more info...
    BryanQ, cyclopathic, bemiiten and 2 others like this.
  2. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOW I am can't wait for this event! Thanks for all of your hard work DVTR Crew!
  3. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good chance I will be home for this ride this year. This has always been my favorite one day ride EVER!!

Sno Dawg
  4. Laoch

Laoch Am I still here?

Oddometer:
  5. Lightyear68

Lightyear68 Northeast Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    Specifically when and how do I register? I understand the event filled within a few hours last year...
  6. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We'll post up at a later date when registration will be open. Probably sometime April/May but nothing definite at this point.
  7. algunn

algunn Adventuring in NJ

Oddometer:
    I heard it's already sold out.
    ADVwanaB likes this.
  8. Lightyear68

Lightyear68 Northeast Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    No, the sold out idea probably came from their website registration link which cites "sold out," but that's for 2019, not this year's 2020 ride. I confirmed with the DVTR staff via email and above from Matt_Mc that the registration date has not been released yet--will be late March or April.
  9. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be incorrect, registration hasn't opened yet for this year. The web page shows results for 2019 currently. As of today it's March-April for open registration dates.

I'll have another update in the coming days so... :ear
  10. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We’re celebrating the 32nd year of the Michaux Dual Sport with some great changes. The route will be fresh and different than years past, but you’ll still get to ride the same great options. We are completely redesigning the routes within the DCNR guidelines.

The main change is the event will be based out of the Shippensburg Fairgrounds this year.

The new venue has a ton of parking, RV spots available, Camping spots available, cell phone coverage, and you’ll be walking distance to all the Shippensburg restaurants and hotels.

We're also hoping to bring back the ADV ride on Saturday as well if we can.

Registration will open at the end of March.
    Trail Ryder, StanBo, bemiiten and 3 others like this.
  11. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    I hope registration can start at a time other then normal work hours so we don't come home to find the event sold out.
  12. Laoch

Laoch Am I still here?

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  13. SloRonStinkypants

SloRonStinkypants Without nipples Tits are pointless.

Oddometer:
    Cant get much closer to the end of March...
    Nir-ISR likes this.
  14. JiT

JiT Trail Boss

Oddometer:
    I know how it goes getting ready to open the flood gates. We have the date we would like to.... Then we finally do it. Patience grasshopper.
  15. SloRonStinkypants

SloRonStinkypants Without nipples Tits are pointless.

Oddometer:
    Kinda hard to open anything up there from what I hear.. your governor has closed everything.
    We have had an influx of PA NY AND NJ tags down here in Ocean City Md.
    People are bugging out and heading south.
  16. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    So for an update on things,

The state of PA is currently on lockdown under the direction of the Governor due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Jobs are either closed or extremely limited at this time. People's lives are being turned upside down here, and all across the country. Nobody knows how long this may last but the predictions are things will peak "here" in 2 to 3 more weeks. Longer for other places yet to be infected.

At this point we are suspending the registration event until the next update from the state or feds around May 1st. At that time we will hopefully have a little more information to go on as to when we might be able to open things up.

We still have several more months to get things underway. We are still scouting out trails and completing the mapping for the event. We are trying to work as best as we can and continue to trudge on to have everything ready for when it's go time.

So, **until May 1st**, things are on hold. Come back and check then and hopefully we can get things underway or have a better idea of when.

Until that time, stay home, stay safe and hopefully we can all come out on the other end of this in good health because that's all that matters at this point.
  17. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have gotten several emails lately asking more questions and unfortunately I don't have many more answers today than before. The state is starting to open up at the moment. The next few weeks they are allowing businesses to get back to work luckily. We've reached out to DCNR asking questions and even they don't have any more answers than we already have. The state still has not set any guidelines on what might be allowed in the near future regarding large(r) events.

We are still planning on having the event. The forest is currently closed but that's only amenities mostly but includes some staff. We need staff to hold our event though. Our scouting opportunity was supposed to happen weeks ago with final planning being done soon but C-19 has made other plans for that as well.

IF we manage to pull this off it might be highly modified. Our routes need approval by about six 3 or 4 letter acronym agencies. Depending on staff, the approvals for anything extra might take longer than the time left to have the event. What is most likely going to happen is using an already pre approved route to ease the burden of approval of anything.

We may or may not have food. We may or may not have shirts. We may or may not be allowed the full roster of participants. We just don't know at this point. We do however plan to keep pushing onward until someone tells us we can't. We are going to have some discussions this week internally and see what direction we want to head towards.

In the upcoming weeks we might at least start an email list of interested parties. We don't want to take anyone's money yet because we have to pay fees in order to do that and then if we can't hold the event doing a refund is a PITA.

So everyone stay safe, and stay tuned, and when we get any more info on what we are allowed to do or not we will make sure you all know. Hopefully in the end we can work around the new coming state guidelines and hold another great event because we all need it !
    Laoch, firebolter, StanBo and 3 others like this.
  18. jimj911

jimj911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really appreciate all your hard work in this and probably the constant frustrations. Very much looking forward to hopefully being a part of it for the first time!
  19. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agreed thanks for all of the hard work.
    Laoch likes this.
  20. Laoch

Laoch Am I still here?

Oddometer:
    :lurk