Michelin Anakee Adventure Tires

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by AdamChandler, Nov 1, 2018.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    https://www.motostrano.com/Michelin-Anakee-Adventure-Tires-p/af02.htm
    https://www.tyrepress.com/2018/11/m...e-adventure-gains-approval-for-bmw-r-1250-gs/

Adventure-touring riders are a unique bunch. With their do-it-all bikes, they won?t compromise on either tread life or grip from their tires. In developing Anakee¬ 2 radials for these big on/off-road bikes, Michelin relied on its extensive racing experience to create the ideal adventure touring tire. Anakee¬ 2 tires deliver at least 29% longer tread life* than their nearest competitors ? and Michelin has the proof! 29% longer tread life than its closest competitors*, with no compromise in wet grip (radial sizes only) Excellent all-weather performance: versatile tread design with deep channels to drain water from the contact patch Silica-charged rubber compound Designed specifically for adventure bikes like BMW GS and Suzuki V-Strom Also great for older models that accept bias tires
    The MOA magazine has an ad for these:
    [​IMG]
  2. Garrett804

Garrett804 Subie Beemer

Oddometer:
    Interesting since the Anakee 2 is a 90/10 tire.
  3. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    This just hit the wire so I honestly can't verify the copy I copied or the images are final. Could just be resellers putting something up to get up on Google early. I'll update the first post when Michelin posts their press release.
  4. Dijkvaneenjoost

Dijkvaneenjoost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They look like the Anakee 2, the text says Anakee 2..
    Could it be that they are the Anakee 2, bit now classed as Adventure or something???

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    krussell likes this.
  5. ultane

ultane sqeezin the bag

Oddometer:
    The Anakee 2’s are a now discontinued tire, having been replaced by the Anakee 3. I loved the A2’s and still love the A3’s despite the complaints by inmates that they ‘howl’, which I can’t discern with ear plugs in place. Great grip, and they last 10,000 plus miles.
    SmittyBlackstone and 3xranger like this.
  6. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    The images are likely the Anakee 2 but the Anakee Adventure Press release JUST came out today. I'll update first post when I get photos or text or some other internet sleuths can start digging.

[​IMG]
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  7. Dijkvaneenjoost

Dijkvaneenjoost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the Anakee Adventure will “especially address the needs of those BMW Motorrad customers who essentially use their trail bike on ordinary roads but who occasionally like to indulge in a little off-roading.”

Just like the Anakee 2 or 3 I’d say...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    AdamChandler likes this.
  8. CA Dreaming

CA Dreaming Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Personally I hope Michelin is selling the Anakee 2 under a "new and improved" name. I REALLY liked A2s on my 09 GS and would definitely buy them again.
  9. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love my Anakee Wilds and the versatility they provide. I am a Michelin Fanboy (Michelin on my bikes, personal vehicles, and preferably Michelin on my Peterbilt) but I've been hoping they would make a "bridge" tire somewhere between the Anakee 3 and the Wilds.

I have a fresh rear Wild leaning against the wall in my garage. I guess when I go through it and my front Wild the new Michelin here might be my next choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  10. WJBertrand

WJBertrand Ventura Highway

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, these may be my next tires.
  11. matiascronwell

matiascronwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    52240E13-819D-4942-ACC0-4CFDED356293.jpeg This is the real Michelin Adventure
  12. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    Well I just put the Scorpion II's on so maybe next time.
  14. roadrage

roadrage Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the description, "for riders who don't like adventure as much as they do touring". I want a Tourance. I don't want a Tourance Next... Is an Anakee x as good or better than a Tourance? That's my question.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  15. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those first pics are of Anakees/Anakee 2s from a decade ago. They were on my '07 GSA when I bought it, and I can verify that as 90/10 tires they sucked off-road as much as they shined on-road.

023.JPG

I stupidly tried to use them off-road in Big Bend Nat'l Park on the Strom also.

IMG_1758.JPG
  16. Stoshu

Stoshu Carnivorous Moronius Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting tire. Ran A2's on my 04 GSA for years and really liked them. As mentioned, they were an 80/20 or 90/10 tire though. The A3's are absolute garbage, IMHO. I'm interested in these new Adventures as they look to be more of a 60/40 - 70/30 type of tread pattern. Guess we'll see when the feedback starts coming in. Until then, I'm mounting up a set of E07+. :*sip*
    PRW likes this.
  17. atwoodtja

atwoodtja Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Knowing Michelin, they will probably be priced like they have gold embedded in them instead of silica.
  18. ultane

ultane sqeezin the bag

Oddometer:
    Your opinion doesn’t sound too humble to me.

I was always an A2 or TKC 80 fan. Then had some A3’s mounted. On the way home to Idaho from Wyoming in late October, a friend suggested I ride over Emigrant Pass in SW Wyoming. All was fine until I got to about 7,500ft elevation. The hard pack turned into muddy snow. At the summit there was 6” of snow. It was just as bad going down on the western slope. The A3’s weren’t as good as TKC80’s could have been, but the A3’s were ten times better than the original Anakees, or the A2’s. I crawled up, and back down, in first gear (enduro tranny on my ‘11GSA) without any problem with NO naps taken.
  19. Stoshu

Stoshu Carnivorous Moronius Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad they seem to work for you and got you through a dicey situation, but I never bonded with them. The set on my 16 GSA were the noisiest tire I've ever had. Sounded like a loud, dry bearing at 45-60 mph. This did seem to quiet down after 3-4K miles, but is still there. Second issue I had with them was in any kind of mud. I've got a dirt road on my property and when it rained even a little, the bike was barely able to stay upright. They were very greasy feeling. I never got this feedback from the A2's.
    Anyhow, I do like Michelin products in general and will be giving the new Adventures a try at some point, providing there aren't too many disastrous reports about them.
    SmittyBlackstone and PRW like this.
  20. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will have to watch these, I like my Karoo Street for now.
    feisty, Dan-M, PRW and 1 other person like this.