Michelin Anakee Adventure Tires

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by AdamChandler, Nov 1, 2018.

1. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That helps quite a bit as I am in TX as well. I am actually heading to Big Bend in Oct., by way of Leakey, TX; Roswell, NM; Carlsbad, NM; Big Bend; San Antonio, TX; back to Houston. A lot of tarmac miles to get to the dirt for 3 days

Thanks
  2. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Anytime!

Overall, I like to read reviews, buy, then test myself - usually coinciding with 3 week plus trips so it works out.

I will stick with the Mitas and An. Adv. until something better comes along. For Texas riding I'll stick with the AA. When heading to the north, I'll put on the E07's.

Drop me a note if you have more questions or concerns.

Erik
    SmittyBlackstone and WyldCFH like this.
  3. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Truer words have never been spoken!
  4. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Your logic is good, but the E07 is in the same class as the AA, and they are not 50/50. E09 and the Wilds are the 50/50 tyres.

E07/AA sit more like 70/30, in between the E09/AW and the 90/10 tyres like the A3. I would expect the E07 to outlast the AA, and I would expect the AA to have superior wet tarmac grip.
    Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  5. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good points!

Erik
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  6. Boxerbreath

Boxerbreath 2017.5 GS Black Storm

Oddometer:
    Yep if you don’t need aggressive dirt tires then go for the most streetable option. You’ll have better road handling and less noise. It’s always a trade off.
  7. greper

greper n00b

Oddometer:
    IMG_3850.jpg
  8. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    That's confusing! Their percentages (on other tyres as well) are way out of whack vs everyone else.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  9. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got these a couple months ago. Sent off for the rebate at that time as well. I'm still waiting for that rebate. Has anyone received theirs?
  10. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a good point. Haven't gotten mine either.

• Completed submission form and copy of receipt must be postmarked or received on or before August 15, 2019.
    • Not valid with any other offer. See other terms and conditions below for further details.
    • Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for delivery of the Reward Card via mail.
    • To check the status of your reward card request, please email admin@motorcycletirepromo.com.
    I filed on 6/24 so it's only been 5 weeks.
    PARIAH likes this.
  11. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    12 weeks for me.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. MFP

MFP Urbaner

Oddometer:
    I purchased a set of AAs from Revzilla for my Super Tenere on 5/16/19, filed my rebate online 5/18/19 (the day the AAs were delivered to my home), received a confirmation email from Mich on 5/19/19 and nothing but the sound of crickets since then. I followed the info on my rebate confirmation email to track the status of the rebate in mid-June and again no replies just the sound of crickets. In early July I called the (800) number that was listed on the rebate confirmation email and ended up speaking with many different Mich folks located in the US that had absolutely no clue about the rebate, how to acknowledge the existence of the rebate or any kind of pertinent info about a motorcycle tire related rebate. I even refiled a new rebate form online within the timeline for the rebate and as of today, nothing.
    A complete Charlie Foxtrot!
    On a happier note with about 1200 miles on the clock since I had the AAs installed I am really happy with the AAs all around including the howling the tires make when any sort of angle/lean is applied on the slab.
    bgspltr, PARIAH and AdamChandler like this.
  13. PARIAH

PARIAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Turns out my math was wrong. It's only been 9 weeks... guess times flies when you're having fun.

I also got the confirmation when I applied. Wonder if the folks who used the postal service have done better?
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. AdventureTrail

AdventureTrail Wannabe Adventurer and YouTuber

Oddometer:
    Think I will be ordering a set of these to replace the battlewing 502's that came on my strom. Did a lot of gravel/dirt this weekend and while I didn't drop the bike or lose it, I did find myself wanting more.
  15. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are definitely a compromise tire. I was riding pretty hard yesterday and did not miss anything on pavement. Although the front is a bit noisy...

Rear is definitely hard rubber in the middle.

Should be prefect for someone who truly rides 80% pavement.
  16. AdventureTrail

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the feedback. I haven’t really done much dirt or gravel until I met up with some ADV members this weekend. We did a ton of gravel and some dirt. Like I said, I did ok, but I definitely think that an 80/10 will be a good fit. (The battle wings I have are 90/10)
    I’m going to be due for a replacement set of tires soon and I think I’m going to try the AA.
    SmittyBlackstone and SidewinderX like this.
  17. marcmarc

marcmarc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm replacing Pirelli Scorpion STR with these, so in the middle of September I'll be able to write up a comparison between these two. I've used three rears and two fronts of Pirellis, now lets see how the Michelin behaves :-)
    n.l, SmittyBlackstone and 18415 like this.
  18. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m looking forward to your side by side review.
  19. ckindt

ckindt Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about the other 10%?
  20. AdventureTrail

Oddometer:
    That's where the magic happens.