Michelin Anakee report

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by iillyyaa, Mar 31, 2003.

1. getoutandplay

getoutandplay My gloves smell funny

Oddometer:
    Anakees again for me. Just placed an order for my second rear Anakee. I went with the H rating. I only got 8,500 miles on my first one. :eek1 That was with one 3,100 mile ride and regular commuting for the other 5,400 miles. Sure...I gun it on the on ramps and a little on the back roads but I hope to get better mileage on the new tire.
  2. bush pilot

bush pilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    T66's were on my 1100 when got it. Impressive handling tires I thought until the rear started coming apart towards the end of my SS1600.

Replaced with Anakees front and back. Right away I noticed a general uneasiness and twitchiness about the front tire. I put it off to being a brand new tire. But it never quite went away. I still don't feel the stability or confidence I had with the T66's

The Anakees are wearing like iron, which is kind of unfortunate because I can't wait to replace them.
    I'm going to have the front tire checked again because I think I might have gotten a bad one.

I'll likely get a set of TKC's seeing I'm going to Laos and Cambodia during the wet season. The Anakee is pretty much a highway tire and not a very good one from what I can tell with the set I've got.
  3. Vrakas

Vrakas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to each and everyone of you guys.

I have read almost everything and made up my mind now, after trying the Tourance (twice) and the older version of Michellin (i fail to remember the model) i am going for the Anakee......

..... all you people cant be wrong!

Remember there is a lot of us reading although we do not always reply, Thanks! :clap
  4. Mike in Atlanta

Mike in Atlanta Oh Noes

Oddometer:
    2 thumbs up for Anakee's. I have been very happy with their dry and wet performance. Very comparable to a good street tire and still works quite well off road.
  5. dustdonkey

dustdonkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had TKC's on the beast and then changed to Anakees (front and back) when the time came.

For my style of riding there is almost NO difference in the dry road and gravel performance. Anakees better on wet tarmac and TKC better in mud.

However, the Anakees are MUCH less expensive and will have double the lifespan.

TKC's look the business, though.:evil
  6. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if it would be alright to put a Tourance front on with an Anakee rear? Have them new. If not I have an Anakee front with some wear left in it I can spoon on. Pheh... I should just bite the bullet and buy a new one...

But I'm curious.
  7. marchyman

marchyman barely informed Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did the opposite for about 8K miles. No real issues except that I prefer the tourance to the Anakee on the front. Now I've a tourance on the rear and a TKC-80 on the front. I like this combo (after 100 miles or so and I've worn the square edges off of the knobs).

// marc
  8. herrdirektor

herrdirektor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. ozcan

ozcan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine have done 8,000 km and still look new. Brilliant tyres.... no front wheel wobble, great in the wet, in dirt and gravel. Enough grip to cross a shallow river easily... . The French maybe got something right, ce n'est pas?
  10. davidgibson999

davidgibson999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the HUBB today I noticed that the tyres competing against the Anakee 2 were the Metzeler Tourance EXP and the Bridgestone Battlewing - the Conti TrailAttack was not tested. Having put on EXPs last time round it would not be difficult to outdo them on durability!