Michelin Rep At MOA 2019 TN Road GT

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by LAFS, Jun 15, 2019.

1. LAFS

LAFS Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I corner the Michelin Rep And asked him to please explain GT to me, what is it, what does it do, why do I need it?

Well first let me say it is NOT about the sidewall! It is about the compound of the tire. Nothing more. Supposed to wear well under the weight of our heavier bikes. Again it has NOTHING to do with weight capacity, sidewall flex, nothing except compound composition.

The Road 5 GT will not be available according to this Rep until December best scenario. Something about a mold broke!

Anyway asked again today and told him they need to explain what GT means to them so we can make informed choices. I told him legends are made on the "Net" so I wanted to be sure of what I post. I have to dig through some bags when I get home but I will post the rep's info.

I have hated on them, and any other company that "forces" a GT spec tire on us, especially when they do not make it clear what makes it a GT spec tire.

I will try them and if they stick and give me decent mileage I will run them as I loved Pilot Road III to death!

So that is what I have been told. Based on that when I wear these Scorpion II out I will try a set of Road 5 non GT and see how I like them since I am just about total road.
  2. chtucker

chtucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what is the difference between the Road 5 Trail and Road 5 GT?

They look to be the same tread pattern and the Trail is available worldwide in WC GS sizes
  3. chtucker

chtucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    https://motorcycle.michelinman.com/motorbike/tyres/road-5

The Road 5 Trail seems to be what you asking for??? In stock at Revzilla.
    Specifically designed for larger adventure bikes and building upon the success of the Pilot Road 4, the 5th generation of the popular Road series drops the "Pilot" prefix and takes on more of an all-purpose approach to an all weather sport and sport touring tire.
    Road 5 Trail rear.JPG
    Coma likes this.
  4. Coma

Coma Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I put a road 5 trail rear from Revzilla on early spring. So far I like it. Very smooth feel and great feedback. I don’t have many miles on it so we’ll see.
    LAFS likes this.