Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trail (MCCCT)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cannonshot, May 15, 2006.

1. cool ish

cool ish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Cannonshot,
    Thank you Sir for taking me out of this heating plant in Brooklyn, NY and putting me into the lower P. :clap This report rates better than the report that 4 out of 5 dentists still recommend chewing.
  2. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    (1800s version of a dirt bike. No mods, no farkle . . .)

[​IMG]
  3. Chadleys1

Chadleys1 working on it

Oddometer:
    Great thread, Cannonshot.
  4. YZman

YZman Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer:
    Finially I got registered.

Hey all. I am one of the guys that Cannon mentioned is riding the Safari end of this month. There are 5 of us going at it. We are riding and camping right of the bikes. No veichle support.

I am riding a CRF250X. Others are going to be on WR400, DRZ400,Husaberg, WR250. Should be an interesting group. Hardest part I think is keeping everyone moving all day long.

I was telling Cannon that Allen Randt, Mike Laferdy and a few others did the entire Safari in 2 days. Thats just hard core.

That trail plaque that he comented on is where my 78 yr old friend Ted Desolar met my Friend Scott on the trail. Ted was doing the trail safari solo on an old penton a few years back and met Scott on the trail and they have been friends since.

Another funny coincidence on Cannons ride is his meeting with Rene in Baldwin. We (Ted, Scott, and I) met her a few years back when she was working at Mothers Cupbord. She suprised the heck out of Scott when she called Ted by name having never met him before. Scott is still baffled how Ted can be known way up in Baldwin when he lives in Chicago.

Well Ill try to post plenty of pictures and a writeup of my Safari here for you all. With 5 of us riding I am sure there is going to be plenty of advenure to be had.
  5. MeCasa

MeCasa I didn't start it

Oddometer:
    Good for you motherfucker, if I don't recognize anything else, I recognize the 'fuck you' expression that only comes from a long day

What can I say, if you passed by my place I'd offer a shower

But quit ogling my wonan, bitch will think I was serious about that gang bang stuff

Congrats on a good ride ;-)
  6. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Refined version of previous post.
  7. MeCasa

MeCasa I didn't start it

Oddometer:
    Haha, that wasn't me, I'm an edumicated man, it was the Jack Daniels, but ya, you come through Texas, you got a place to stay, we'll take a run down to Big Bend.

Good ride
  8. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

:D :thumbup

That damn thing will go just about anywhere (just like my MiniMule KLR2-fiddy). :thumb
  9. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    That was a great write up.

:thumb
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Best of luck to you guys! Looking forward to a ride report with a lot of pictures.
  11. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    This thread has started me planning a trip to Michigan!
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This ride is featured in the February 2007 issue of the Great Lakes Trailrider magazine. I guess they are starting a new adventure feature in the magazine and wanted to use this story to kick it off. This trail is not widely known in the midwest. It sure is a good ride. If you are looking for a great dirt and woods ride this season, this one is worth traveling for.
  13. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    :clap Congrats Bryan!!!
    That club and magazine are both great, glad to see you got another article in there!!
  14. MudWalker

MudWalker Long timer

Oddometer:
    The result of 4-wheelers being introduced onto single track.
  15. budsboy

budsboy I crashed the swing too. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great ride report -
    I've lived in N-Mi. (50 mi s of the Bridge) since '83 and have ridden the trails since '90. The trails between Petoskey, Gaylord, and Lewiston are the best.
    CCC is a great community -
  16. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in

Oddometer:
    both of you do well for the CCC:thumb ...good job Bryan !...renewing my membership so I can get a signed copy ! :thumb
  17. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Bud,

The trails up your way are great! I agree that they are some of the best in the state - although there are a lot of good ones around. I think that CannonTrek II is going to end up there this year. You are welcome to join in.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201507
  18. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Fantastic ride report :thumb

Slight hijack: I am interested in doing thd 6 Days of Michigan and I have not been able to find out whether the daily route is a loop (i.e. returning to the same location) or the route ends at a totally different location ? If the latter, how do you get your, say, camp gear to the new location ? A friend and I are thinking of doing this on our 'small' dirt bikes (i.e. not my 650L and his 950 ADV) and we dont have any way of carrying stuff aside from backpacks and that just doesnt seem feasible.

Sorry for the hijack :D
  19. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Merc,

The Six Days of Michigan is set up with three days in the Upper Peninsula and three days in the Lower Peninsula. You work out of a campground and ride routes in that region that start and end at the campground base. Halfway through, you pack up and move to the 2d campground base. No need to haul gear on the bike. Great camaraderie in the campgrounds. Bikes that are not licensed may have to be trailered to certain trails.

Here are the links to the last two SDM:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89851

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153899
  20. NJDRT-RDR

NJDRT-RDR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see you rode the trail with dirtbagz mounted. How did they hold up. I'm curious to see how they made it after all those whoops.

Nick