Michigan ORV Trails

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by McD, Jul 11, 2004.

1. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Are there any ORV trails in Michigan suitable for two up riding? I was thinking of doing a little camping/canoeing in the Manistee area this weekend. I'd like to bring my bike along and introduce McDWife to the joys of offroading. I think at first that hill climbs, water crossings, and jumps should be kept to a minimum. Any recommendations? trails? fireroads?
  2. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    i cant think of any in MI, but for an excellent, easy but pretty trail ride -- try the Cheese County Trail ... it has lots of places to eat/camp/etc. --
  3. rayder

rayder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We got ton's o' orv trails, but lots of single track, not too cool for the passenger and you need a sticker. Most of those are more to the east by Baldwin. Lots of gravel roads everywhere but depending on the weather they can dry out and get some scary sandy spots. I'm letting the air out to about 20lbs for long stretches of sand/gravel, it's a pain but I find myself making less of that three stooges "whoop whoop whoop" sound. There's fun roads around manistee, take m-22 north to sleeping bear dunes, check out the Lake Michigan Recreation Area between Ludington and Manistee. Miles of untouched beech and sand dunes and you can camp on the beech if you're willing to carry your stuff a ways.
  4. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I think we'll check out the cheese trail if the weather cooperates
  5. katoom525

katoom525 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just returned from a trip with my wife. We had a blast. There is lots of fire roads and gravel and sand roads, as quoted by rayder. Also, he is right the deep sand can be a little scary when going slow. My wife had a blast. We di about 5 miles os single track- double- that she did not like! But is was cool.

When are you headed for the cheese head trail? We are looking for other couples to ride with.
  6. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    Couples? Can I come if I get fish to ride bitch? :rofl
  7. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Wife is working the next couple of weekends, but anytime after that would be cool.
  8. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    yep, if you can get anyone to ride 2up on a drz.