Michigan-Ottawa-Montreal, and maybe Vermont.

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Andrejs2112, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Andrejs2112

Andrejs2112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey,
    I'm in the midst of planning my '08 summer trip. I'm trying to put together a loose route to visit eastern Canada. I would be leaving Northern Michigan, and probably heading South to Sarnia, and then on to Ottawa, and then to Montreal...possibly Veromont from there. I am looking for scenery, and not a whole lot of "freeway" riding as I tend to fall asleep on the slab. Would I see more cool stuff going South through Sarnia and Toronto, or going North through the Soo and then Sudbury on to Ottawa? I've been as far as Sudbury on 17 East and hope that the scenery gets better than that...does it? How about lodging? I may camp a little, but prefer a clean room. Not necessarily a Four Seasons type place. I did the Lake Superior Circle tour last summer and found the accommodations on the Canada leg not so good. My prison cell in Attica was better than the place in Nipigon that I stayed.:rofl

Thanks,
    AR
  2. watchthis

watchthis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My opinion is that the North route will be superior. Maybe because I am from the London area, but I find the Sarnia, Toronto corridor boring and flat. Also the L.P. is not as interesting as I hoped. I look for curves, hills, and a lack of civilization. Good Luck!
  3. gronk

gronk HIGH ANGLE RIGGER

Oddometer:
    Very High Above Ground!North of The 49th parallel
    Hey if you're coming to ottawa drop me a line I've got access to some very cool rides and a group of freinds who ride D/S or G/s's. Andrew
  4. gronk

gronk HIGH ANGLE RIGGER

Oddometer:
    Very High Above Ground!North of The 49th parallel
    ride the northern route We've got 150 acres near Pembroke on the quebec side Miles and miles of dirt ,logging roads and trails:D
  5. Andrejs2112

Andrejs2112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. What is the lanscape like around Pembroke? Farmland or fairly hilly?

Thanks,
    AR