Michigan&Wisconsin trip

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by GeronimoJim, Jun 20, 2004.

1. GeronimoJim

GeronimoJim n00b

Oddometer:
    I`ll have 10 days to ride thru-what are the must ride,must see places?I`m gonna go from there to Vintage Days. Thanks,
  2. Spirit

Spirit n00b

Oddometer:
    Checkout wisconsinmotorcycling.com .
  3. rayder

rayder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ditto on da U.P. around houghton. don't miss US 2 on the north end of lake michigan, and M 22 through sleeping bear dunes in the lower.
  4. ktrjc

ktrjc Displaced Yooper

Oddometer:
    If you are going for scenery Coppor Harbor is kind of cool, on Kewenaw peninsuala.

Tahquamenon Falls are nice and scenic. The Upper Falls are 200 feet wide and a 50' drop, Lower falls are a made up of five smaller waterfalls that go around an island. You can see most of them from the main trail or you can rent a rowboat to go over to the island. The trail on the island is about 1/2 mile in length. Or do as the locals do and wade across the falls, only knee deep, current isn't too bad. (Worked at the Falls for 4 summers.)

The Shipwreck Museum north of Paradise is awesome if you enjoy that type of stuff.

Lots of good roads to ride, some good dirt/gravel roads too. If you go to http://www.topozone.com/default.asp and put in the town where you want to ride it shows the major roads and alot of the dirt roads and some jeep trails.

Used to live in Newberry, MI, any questions about the Eastern part of the UP, just PM me and I will tell ya what I know.

Ken