Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Fin, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey all

Been thinking of doing a four-day ride in Sept. from Toronto into Michigan via the Marine City Ferry then head north to Makinaw City and Sault Ste. Marie and back into Canada. Looking for any advice on routes I should ride while in the[SIZE=-1] Lower Peninsula. Have never ventured through the area and am just starting to do my research. I'll be packing my Garmin 276 so any .gpx files would be appreciated, but I'll take any suggestions you have from roads to bars to sights to camping to whatever.

Thanks guys.

Fin
    [/SIZE]
  2. YZman

YZman Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer:
    I would get ahold of these fellas

http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/

They have all the trails in michigan on cd that you can upload to your gps.

Then they have a UP and LP dual sport safari ride on CD for your gps as well. I am thinking that if you join the CCC and buy the UP and LP CD's you can then take those trail routes and using parts of those trails make up your own dual sport route.

The membership is like $35 and the cd's are about $25 each.

2trackr on this board is the fella in charge of the gps info for the CCC. If you get ahold of him he may be able to help you.
  3. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    So what kind of bike are you riding? Just got back from a week of riding in the UP. Plenty of good roads in the UP and mitten - but some of the roads we were on with a KTM 950 and KLR wouldn't be too fun if you were riding a more street oriented bike.

The CCC membership suggestioon is a good one. They will send you a mapbook with your membership that contains trails in the state.

Regards,

Dave
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  5. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cannonshot, this looks like agreat resourse for my planning. Appreciate the post mate.

Fin
  6. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Cannon is well on his weay to becoming the resident upper mid-west trail boss

his advice is well taken :thumb