Michnus & Elsebie Piki-Piki Around the World.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by michnus, Jun 11, 2011.

1. goodcat

goodcat Changing latitudes, altitudes and attitudes

Oddometer:
    You are most welcome
    This is a great RR
    Check out his Angola thread as well if you have time.... my all time favorite RR
  2. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    ^ What he said. :thumb
    michnus, MrKiwi, Grynch and 1 other person like this.
  3. goodcat

goodcat Changing latitudes, altitudes and attitudes

Oddometer:
    michnus, roadcapDen and MrKiwi like this.
  4. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    The DR is a bloody old donkey. But it is a fun old donkey :lol3
    10ecjed, poppawheelie and Grynch like this.
  5. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    Hit the road to a place called Honda, it is a town with one huge river and it is bloody hot. It is South of Medellin but on the way to Murillo a one-horseman-town near the Nevado de Ruiz an volcano at over 3500m altitude.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Colombians are wonderful people. The stray town dogs are looked after. They get fed by restaurants and everyone else. Even small bakeries offer the town dogs some bread. This Bullie was the local police dog in Murillo mascot. The pink ball was HIS and fuck everyone and any dog wanting to play with it. He decided he had a job to do protecting the police station, and looking after this pink ball and he that with a passion.

[​IMG]
    Doggies wait for this stranger to buy them each a bun.

[​IMG]
    Local school bus, and the places where they drive into!! Bloody insane!

[​IMG]
  6. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    This is a long weekend the small village of Murillo. Nothing much happens during the week. Then on a weekend every farmer and family decent on the town for some mixing, chilling, relaxing and shooting some hoops with their homies.

It's a big party, pigs get grilled, booze quaffed down in bucket loads. Women discuss their stuff and kids run amok.

[​IMG]
    Playing Tejo: The Colombian Sport of Throwing Rocks at Gunpowder

[​IMG]

Best clothes packed for going to town.

[​IMG]
    Brandy con leche - Milk and brandy. It is bloody cold at this place. Luckily this kind man is the owner of a small shop offering a small serving of steamed milk and a generous free hand of brandy for about .50us. Good wholesome healthy drink. We got a little snotters after a while but then the entire place got a bit shit faced from this stuff even the old people :lol3

[​IMG]
    Nice in the sun warming up like a Rock hyrax. Talking shit with his friends

[​IMG]
    All sorts of food on offer, and it is blooody good street food and cheap :thumb
    benedikt.m, jaakmh, 10ecjed and 15 others like this.
  7. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The local potato merchant's father. Cool old guy chatting up a storm with us. And his old truck outside their shop.

[​IMG]
    An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry baked or fried, with meat or fish but also sometimes potato, egg or cheese depending on regional customs
  8. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    You lucky bastard!
    michnus likes this.
  9. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    Milk & Brandy.. . my evening feel good sipping imbibement.
    michnus likes this.
  10. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    As Gary player said, the more you practice the luckier you get :D

A very healthy way to spend an evening :freaky
    elron and joenuclear like this.
  11. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin (my home state here in the US) & Brandy have a special relationship..."It's rumored that our state is not only populated with beer swillers, but brandy slammers, as well. A few Web sites even reported that Wisconsin is responsible for 90 percent of the world's brandy consumption, so we decided to go straight to the source: Korbel, the top brandy maker in the United States.Wisconsin is our number one state," says Margie Healy, director of public relations for the California-based Korbel. "We export 385,000 cases a year, and 139,000 go directly to Wisconsin. That's one-third of our total production." Something to do with our long cold winters... ha ha ha...we're just a bunch of alkies man. :dutch
  12. Grynch

Grynch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mich, in your opinion, where does Mexico rank, in regards to all the other latin countries you have visited?
    michnus likes this.
  13. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    Damn how do I get USA residency? It seems that is the place I was supposed to be born:lol3

BTW, see if you can get a bottle of Zacapa 23 year old Guatemala rum a friend in Guatamala bought us a bottle when we were there, it is the best rum I had in my life. Like Angel peepee :super
    10ecjed, ONandOFF and elron like this.
  14. Grynch

Grynch Long timer

Oddometer:
    True...damn good rum.
    elron likes this.
  15. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    LCBO has it...next time you're in Canada!
    'Has the brown/chestnut appearance of older oloroso sherry; unblemished clarity. Opening sniffs encounter deep scents of brown sugar and toffee; six more minutes add succulent aromas of candied walnut, toasted marshmallow, treacle and dark, old honey. Entry is round, supple, oily and creamy in texture, with highlights of burnt sugar and cocoa; midpalate is suddenly quite earthy, grassy and lean, with pocket flavors of treacle and marzipan. Concludes medium-long, sappy bittersweet and almost nutty/nougaty.' Spirit Journal 2011 Rating: 4 Stars Highly Recommended
    Grynch, elron and michnus like this.
  16. Grynch

Grynch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mich....My brother from another mother!
    michnus likes this.
  17. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    Before our weekend of overindulging the best of Colombian rum and free-range steamed milk we went to explore the town a bit. That took us a quick 5 minutes. And we became friends with the mayor in that said 5mins as well.
    He told us about a massive and quite impressive waterfall just a walk out side of town behind the cemetery. It was a bit more than a walk as you have to climb down a precarious wooden staircase and slippery muddy track some 300 meters down a gorge. Town dogs in tow to accompany the two gringos.
    And it was bloody impressive!
    With Suzie and Kelvin we returned over the weekend when the weather was a bit warmer.

[​IMG]
    The active volcano steaming away in the background at sun setting over the cemetery.

[​IMG]
    For Kelvin's birthday we spend the afternoon at the waterfall drinking, chilling, talking shit.....and swimming.....

[​IMG]
    Later as we all got a bit hot from all the rum Kelvin and myself used our best negotiating skills and still unable to convince the girls to pull a skinny dip like mermaids in the cold water. This water flows down directly from the snowcapped volcano peak a mere few kilometres away. Eventually I felt so sorry for Kelvin not being able to see two naked girls in a waterfall I offered to take a swim with him...:sweeti:evil:lol3

Well that was one shit idea!! The water was fucking less than half an inch cold and our swimming like mermaids only had the girls cracking themselves with laughter. :vardy:lol3
  18. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard

Oddometer:
    Mexico is with Colombia currently on our top 2. All the others so far are in combined in 3 place, except Panama, fuck that place is for people that Satan does not want in hell :lol3

If only Americans can get over the Mexico thing. As neighbours come, the USA must thank their lucky stars they a sober pacifist reliable AF bro to their north and a real shit stirrer, drinking, party, kinky sista to their south. I mean go look at any other country and their shitty neighbors and this family the USA got ain't to damn bad.

I am making notes!!! :thumb:beer
    shuswap1, imcja, 10ecjed and 10 others like this.
  19. landyguy

landyguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jaaslyk julle twee I am enjoying this immensely. Just did a 7000 km trip with my son from Calgary to Pismo beach California and thought my ride was epic. You two on the other hand make my trip like getting bread from the grocery store. Safe travels en geniet!
    michnus likes this.
  20. OrangeDreamCycler

OrangeDreamCycler ...explorer of options.....

Oddometer:
    Mic an Els.
    Good to see you re-surface.
    As mentioned earlier....you are one lucky bastard.
    A warm hug to Elsibe. A cold beer for you.
    Safe travels my amigo and amiga.
    ODC.
    michnus likes this.