Michnus & Elsebie Piki-Piki Around the World.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by michnus, Jun 11, 2011.

1. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update....Check in when you can, glad all is good in your hood!!
    michnus likes this.
  2. TheNetworker

TheNetworker Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow - I first did not believe this plant grows on this planet... incredible!!
    Thanks for the pictures and all the best. May the power is with you and allows you to give us a glimpse of your new business.

income is also a part of the journey through life.....
    michnus likes this.
  3. SOLOKLR

SOLOKLR Back to work

Oddometer:

Yep!! Same!
    michnus likes this.
  4. Geezerguy

Geezerguy In the shadows Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great to see you back and know that all is well. Great photos, as usual. :ricky
    michnus likes this.
  5. Klinc207

Klinc207 To PERU!

Oddometer:
    My wife and I absolutely loved that area. Seeing one of these flower is now on my bucket list. 20000 flowers would be something else to see. Glad you made it to the glacier. We had to make a run for it from the weather also.

Attached Files:

michnus likes this.
  6. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    Just found you, from the ADVrider newsletter. Guess you'll be getting a lot of new followers. Still looking forward to reading this thread from the beginning.

Yep, had to give up a great plan to hike at altitudes, a few years back. It's discouraging to be exhausted hiking up a hill, while being passed by a local family with what looks like a two-year-old kid, walking.

Keep up the good work.
    michnus and poppawheelie like this.
  7. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    The famous duo back to @chasing_beer!:beer
    michnus likes this.
  8. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some amazing pictures, you have a great eye! Out of curioity, what camera/lens setup are you using? the colours and focal lengths are spot on for the moments
    michnus likes this.
  9. Flo4u

Flo4u n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Michnus and Elsebie,

Just spent the entire weekend to read your complete fascinating blog. Rode my moto(s) for 16month all over Europe, Maroc and Russia...can relate to all you wrote about being openminded and listen to locals. 99% of all people are kind and helpful. Other 1% are working at border posts :-)
    Your writing is just like life, enabled me to relive your travel....and made me laugh a lot.
    You planning to write a book about your travels?

Keep on going and good luck building your new business!

Florian
    michnus and siswati like this.
  10. Asianrider

Asianrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wasn't expecting anything less than penis-shaped plants from you guys. Amazing pictures, keep 'em comin !

elron and michnus like this.
  11. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I've only made it a third of the way through this thread, but wanted to be sure of catching you guys with an invite to stay for a night or seven with my wife and me, in Falling Waters, West Virginia, USA. We're only a few minutes from the Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route, and along the Potomac River, and have a garage and tools to work on bikes, so I'm hoping you'll stop by.

If your route map at:
    https://www.pikipikioverland.com/travel-route-around-the-world/
    is fairly up to date, it may be a year or two till you get here, but I expect we'll still be here when you do. We have an excellent brewery nearby:
    https://www.facebook.com/cushwabrewingco/
    and a nice restaurant and taphouse, with a great selection of beers, not too far away:
    https://www.facebook.com/DRNTH/
    and a beer fridge in the garage.

Also, though we're up near the hills of WV, it isn't too far to Washington DC, so you/we could go on a day trip, or overnight. Our daughter, her husband, and their two daughters, live there, and could put you up overnight, with your bikes in a small fenced yard, if you like. Her husband is a real beer aficionado, and at one time, before he gave up on them, was reputed to be the most active American beer reviewer on:
    https://www.ratebeer.com/

I know you're no more into big cities than I am, but you may be interested in some of the Smithsonian museums, or other buildings in DC.

Anyway, I'm sure you have a database for these invitations, so add us to it, and you can decide when you get near.
    alexf800gs, michnus and benedikt.m like this.
  12. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    "You may be interested in some of the Smithsonian Museums." I never wanted to work and live in Wash DC, but the Smithsonian's made it almost worth it. They're free too. Whatever you're interested in, classic or modern art, transportation, aviation, space travel, animals, American Indians, or the history of any of these things, you can find it there.
    michnus likes this.
  13. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am also not into dusty old museums but the science stuff like the Smithsonian is for sure on the list of what I would love to see one day. ;)
  14. michnus

Oddometer:
    Flipped man, thanks so much that is onehellova kind of you and for sure we would love to take you up on the offer. As it is, we are sitting thinking when finishing South America to ride back up through Colombia back to the USA and then Canada. We can ship from there to Europe.

South America and Central America is a blast and we still have to see more of the USA. Our 5 months there was a drop and I can do it with more.
    So, yes, thank you man, will keep you posted on how we roll back up. It might still be more than a year though. ;)
    elron likes this.
  15. michnus

Oddometer:
    Hahaha and it was all by accident... yeah riiight :D
  16. michnus

Oddometer:
    I am truly honored Florian, that someone would be able to bare my BS through all these pages. I am humbled, thanks so much for the kind words. ;)

English is my 2nd language and after 50 years still as rough as a bear's arse. But add to that I am a lazy bastard I am sure a book will take quite a long time to write. Even longer for someone to go through and edit all the mistakes and grammar. But it is thought, as there are loads of stuff I don't post and stories and photos best not used on a forum. :D
    benedikt.m and BarryB like this.
  17. michnus

Oddometer:
    Thanks man :D

I am using a Fuji XT2 and a 18-135mm lens. I do wish I had more space to carry one or two more lenses. I only have a 10-24 and 35f2 with me but the 18-135 is the permanent one.

Fuji was bloody amazing, they replaced the XT2 with an XT3 for me when we were in ZA currently. I send in my XT2 for some work and service and out the blue, they just said it is better they exchange it for me. And I am not sponsored by them. I never had such service from a camera brand.
    ScorpionT16 and elron like this.
  18. michnus

Oddometer:
    Yebo hell yes sir!! :D:beer:freaky
    roadcapDen likes this.
  19. michnus

Oddometer:

Aaaaah that's what happened, I could not figure out if it was the illegal nude I posted that got the thread going so much, it now makes sense. :D

Hahahaha it bloody embarrassing I agree, and to make myself feel better, I look at the youngsters when I pass one on the hike at altitude and think I am still okay,....yeah right dude, ain't school fit anymore :lol3
  20. michnus

Oddometer:
    It is a pity the weather is so unpredictable there, we were all good the morning and the afternoon rode out in pouring rain. I agree with you, those plants are something special to see. I can only imagine when they flower it must be a spectacle.

The world is truly an interesting place. :)
    Klinc207 likes this.