Mid North Coast NSW

Discussion in 'Australia' started by RowBust, Sep 20, 2019.

1. fryingpanman

fryingpanman confused

Oddometer:
    Went along horseshoe last week with a group on 701's and 1 790 after a bit of rain and made it fine. As others have said , the red clay section is slick, just take it easy and should be fine. Had a few storms this week so definitely no dust.
  2. The Fireman

The Fireman Livin the dream!!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lads
    Im on a F800, we have a wide variety of rider ability's in the group first time out to a few capable riders , from Africa's to 1200A, 660, and few lemons, i mean orange things :-)
    we have a few alternate routes planned, if it looks dicey,
    thanks for the advice.
    Cheers
  3. The Fireman

Oddometer:
    storms have been patchy here too, im down on the coast at laurieton and storms have gone around us, which is really unusual..
    south of there has had 150mm+
  4. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
    Must be nice to be out riding. You know where I am and will be until December! :(
  5. workhorse

workhorse Motorcycle as a medium of travel

Oddometer:
    I'm up at Comboyne and have just got back from a few days bush from Gloucester to Nundle Walcha and back in the 4wd. Some very greasy red and yellow clay tracks out there. Some big dumps happening up here
    Watch it out there
    Adventurepig likes this.
  6. fryingpanman

fryingpanman confused

Oddometer:
    Won't tell you about the other 5 days riding then rider 101. Don't want to make it any harder at work then it is.
  7. The Fireman

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for all the advice the GPS is loaded with a lot of alternate routes.
    Knodingbul or Bulga rd
    then Forbes Rd only worried about the bridge or the crossing where the bridge was at Brushy Mt and the Forbes rocky crossing..
    so have hasting forest way to rollands plains and up to dondingalong as an alternate

Cheers
  8. workhorse

Oddometer:
    I came through the far end of knoddingbul yesterday from the Oxley.
    They have torn the road up in prep to grade for the logging. It's was very difficult in low with diff locks on sliding down hills off camber. Creamy thick red clay
    Coming from the south the road is a super highway till the last 8km where the grader is parked up or so then it's v bad. Turned a 4wd with camper trailer back
    We've been getting dumps here every Arvo so watch it. I'm not going back through there till it's finished.
    Cells Rd will be worse as it's almost all clay. Slippery there even when dry. Closed at the moment as they are logging there.
    If it rains again here I'd rethink knoddingbul
  9. The Fireman

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up looks like Bulga Rd to the falls and then stay a little East of Knodingbul and try doyles to Ralfs onto the oxley that way.

Cheers
  10. workhorse

Oddometer:
    Pissing down here again. In for a wet one this year.
    Knoddingbul will be a super highway when they are finished. Suspect they will keep Oxley end a mess to dissuade people coming 8n that way as they are logging in a big way there.
    Have fun.
    Up here if you need a hand, garage,beer, etc
    The Fireman likes this.
  11. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
    If Knodingbul is a mess then use Enfield Range. Much better ride.
  12. Adventurepig

Adventurepig the bike, not me !

Oddometer:
    I've heard that Gingers Crk has closed. Bit of a bugger as it was always a great convenient stop for a burger and coffee, and fuel if needed
  13. CJL00

CJL00 Who said top boxes are useless?

Oddometer:
    Rode past Gingers Creek yesterday, definitely closed. Chains across driveways even.
  14. Morro

Morro like a ship in the night

Oddometer:
    from their FB site:
    Loyal customers and visitors, we are very sorry to inform you but as of this afternoon Monday 12th October we are forced to close for at least the next month.
    We had a visit from the police which has now resulted in fines due to Covid-19 rules, we thought we where doing everything right but unfortunately not.
    We also have local council hassling us over the underground fuel storage, can no longer be underground so we have to bring in shipping containers to do it right.
    Last but not least we have the accommodation to finish after loosing the cabin in the bushfire.
    We will keep you up to date with progress.
    Huge sorry to everyone but no choice has been left.
    Thankyou for your continued support
    Adventurepig likes this.
  15. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
    Bugger. Have spent many a drunken night up there with John Liddell.
    Our last visit was only a couple of months ago and I thought how peaceful it is. Let's hope they get up and running again. I will certainly visit when they do.
    Adventurepig likes this.
  16. Adventurepig

Adventurepig the bike, not me !

Oddometer:
    Yes.. ideally located to pop out of some great trails and find an oasis on the Oxley. Hope its not permanent :pope
    Burnsy likes this.
  17. CJL00

CJL00 Who said top boxes are useless?

Oddometer:
    This is going to get more common for a lot of these smaller places, some pencil pushing knob comes along and inspects things to the 'nth degree to show how smart they are and find fault with something to justify their waste of space job. What they find will have been in place for a long time, met all the correct requirements at the time but some retrospective new rule makes it obsolete and too expensive to repair for the turnover of the joint involved, hence it shuts down.

Nymboida coaching station is another example, for them it was their septic system. Not causing any pollution problem, approved back in the day but doesn't meet "modern" standards and will now probably never reopen. Was going to happen at Jackadgery when the Ethanol fuel came out, their tanks could not carry it and the initial legislation was everyone had to offer it. Owner at the time told me it would cost too much to put new tanks in to justify it so he would simply shut the fuel side down and that would probably make the whole joint unviable. Last minute change allowed small outlets not to have to offer it is all that saved them then, but it will probably happen eventually. Very sad but a sign of the times.
    Adventurepig and PomInOz_ like this.
  18. workhorse

Oddometer:
    The new world order will be zoom chatting, virtual reality bike adventures and endless texting.
    No more face to face contact and everything from movies to travel will all be from the couch.
    Glad I'm an old bastard who had the opportunity to enjoy life before it became virtual.
    We're lucky we live here, try offroading in Europe!
    Maybe this virus will make city folk realise there is a lot more to Australia than gyms, coffee shops and fancy dining and they may get out and see some country. And like it.
    Suncoaster and Rider 101 like this.
  19. The Fireman

Oddometer:
    has anyone done horseshoe trail from Missabotti lately re-routing tonight to miss jacobs ladder....
  20. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
    Via Bellbucca?
    The Fireman likes this.