Middle Fork Snoqualmie River, Sun. 07/31

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by ruppert, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ruppert

ruppert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ivo (Swiss) and I set out do take an easy ride in the Snoqualmie River area on Sunday. We ended up on a fairly gnarly FS road, and one of us ended up in a ditch. So much for an "easy" ride. :uhoh Great day though! No major damage and the weather was beautiful.

From North Bend:
    From SE North Bend Way, turn left on SE 140th St.
    140th becomes SE Middle Fork Rd.
    Veer right onto SE Lake Dorothy Rd.
    SE Lake Dorothy Rd. becomes NF-56
    NF-5630 continues on, turn right onto upper portion of NF-56 and follow the river, about 11 miles.
    NF-56 ends at trailheads.

Scenery on upper portion of NF-56...
    [​IMG]

The upper portion of NF-56 got a little rough in places: rockfalls, ruts, washouts, water over the road. Fun stuff!
    [​IMG]

The offending washout. It's deeper than it looks here, with about 6 inches of water in it. Note the wet clay preceeding, that's the slick stuff that did me in.
    [​IMG]

I fishtailed on the slick clay and ended up in the bushes on the left...
    [​IMG]

The bike was fine, just a little muddy. Knocked the chain off the sprocket, an easy fix...
    [​IMG]

We were able to laugh about it and the fun continued...
    [​IMG]

Hard not to have a good time on a day like this!
    [​IMG]
  2. Swiss

Swiss eo ire itum

Oddometer:
    It is stated that the upper part on this ride is pristine Old Growth forest: never been cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:ricky
  3. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    that's a great road. The mudhole that took you out looks like the remains of the small lake that Batfink and I decided not to try and cross about a month ago.
  4. batfink

batfink squid vicious

Oddometer:
    Yeah, if that's the same one we stopped when we came across some old car that was submerged in a massive puddle....