Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by mrjonj, Sep 9, 2019.
And coming through the flats to Breckenridge is where nature struck. Always say zipped I guess. I had a mesh street jacket under my fox legion jacket and maybe had 3 inches unzipped at top. Perfect bee strike and fell into the jacket until it awakened a little later.
My initial thoughts of Breckenridge were spot on, appeared very expensive, touristy, busy, and not too inviting thus the plan to push through.
I made it to Steamboat late in the day and situated myself at a camping cabin in the Koa. In hind site they were not overly bike friendly and appeared to not be happy with the higher than normal business after Labor Day. They were out of wood, quarters for laundry, among other things and did not seem to care to provide any service to the people paying to be there after Labor Day. I found later there are better more inviting places in town.
I made it into town that night on the bus. Steamboat equals free public transportation and seems to work great. Found a great Mexican food place and enjoyed dinner. I Believe it was Vaqueros Mexican.
Day 4 - Off. I don't think I accomplished too too much either. Rode to store and picked some supplies up, ate lunch downtown, and drove around Steamboat all over to take a look around. Great little city, but is a little busy going through main street. Not really any pics from this day I guess.
Day 5 - Ride to Wy. I stopped by steamboat power sports to get some gloves that worked on iPhone screen to save some time by not needed to stop and take gloves off so much. They had and problem was solved.
Weather rolled in a few different times this day.
Made it into Rawlins Wy.
Rawlins was an interesting spot although not a place I wanted to stay. Cold, windy, desolate, and it may have been a good day.
I had a burger in town, nothing to write about.
By this time in trip I was really paying attention to weather conditions. I had been rained on, sleet, and hailed on added with cold wind and need to be sure weather window was good to go... It was not good to go.
Continuing north would put me in norther Wy and Mo just when daytime temps would hit 30 combined with snow and rain. A two day window and another light snow was anticipated. Decisions decisions...
Day 6 - Departing Rawlins on route.
Although all seems good. Weather does not look good north, getting a little tired on burning through miles on straight dirt roads like a job, being cold and fixing comfort issues with hotels at the end of the day. This pic was the moment of decision. Im facing north, the bike is facing south in opposition.
Day 6 - Jumping off northbound CDR to southbound bdr.