1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

MidwayValley Utah Moto Guzzi RallyThursday, September 6th-Sunday, September 9th 2018

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Utrider1, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Utrider1

Utrider1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello V-7 folks, just wanted to invite you to join us in Utah in September!

First Bi-Annual Moto Guzzi
    Utah Get-Together, N.A.R.

When: Thursday, September 6th-Sunday, September 9th 2018

Where: The beautiful MidwayValley in Northern Utah.

Host: Roy Shadbolt, rshadbolt@msn.com 801-589-4725

The fantastic Zermatt Resort will be the base of operations. We will be able to reserve a room for $139 per night plus tax (resort fees are being waived). You may reserve either a King single room, or a double Queen room. The following link will be good until mid-April.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/trade...2018&checkout_date=9/9/2018&group_code=10K4LM This is the new link, and we have added some additional rooms. Please try to book by August 7th as the window will be closing after that.

Camping: I have reserved the Springer-Hollow Group site for those interested in camping for Friday and Saturday night. If there is sufficient interest I will reserve for Thursday night also.

WasatchMountainState Park, Pine Creek campground. https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/wasatch-mountain/

There will be a fun ride available on Friday. About 120 miles.

There will be 2 group rides available to participate in on Saturday.

1. Will be up Chalk Creek Rd, to Evanston, then over Mirror Lake Highway and back to Midway thru Kamas. Approx 200 miles.

2. A dirt/street ride for those so inclined, that will include about 50 miles of easy dirt road (part of the Utah BDR) total about 150 miles.
    Mooney 78865, Dracula, espi and 3 others like this.
  2. Utrider1

Oddometer:
    Mooney 78865 and Dracula like this.
  3. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have any type of roll call list of attendees? I'm trying to put the NVBDR into the week before or after yours. I damn sure don't want to miss out on this one.....
    Utrider1 and Dracula like this.
  4. Utrider1

Oddometer:
    Dan, as of now there are about 15 - 20 it looks like. It's so hard to say with any certainty. Dan Ketchpel sent me an email yesterday, telling me he and his wife had reserved a room. A lot of guys are camping, I will reserve the campground for Thursday night. I have a few friends from around here that are planning to be there, and a few of the folks that were in Colorado have indicated they would be there as well. I've been all over the place the last couple of months, but haven't been online much.
  5. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No worries! I was planning on throwing the NVBDR in before or after your event. I'd like to do before so I could ride south to north, but would be fine riding north to south if I can't schedule work. One or the other I guess. Looking forward to this one!
  6. Utrider1

Oddometer:
    Less than a week to go on this!

Just took a look at the long term weather guess, and it shows highs in the mid 80's and lows in the mid 50's. Damn near perfect........(knock on wood)
  7. Utrider1

Oddometer:
    Just want to thank those of you who attended the Rally last weekend. Your participation is what makes these things a success!
  8. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    We had a fabulous time! The Zermatt Resort is awesome and we'd go back there again for sure. I thought the general location was an excellent choice with a very Euro/Alpine/Guzziesque feel plus the campground and resort were quite close together.

For a first time event I thought the turnout was quite good and was impressed at the distances some rode to attend. I don't think anybody beat the crazy Cunucks for distance though, hats off to you guys.

The Friday and Saturday routes were very nice, and a good mix from each other. We did the pavement route on Saturday so can't comment on the dirt route but we very much enjoyed it. The Provo Falls was a good picnic style lunch stop.

The hosted BBQ Saturday night was a deluxe surprise, wasn't counting on that. It was good to have the whole group together and get a chance to talk with those you maybe didn't ride with.

I will be posting our pix on my SmugMug account and will post a link to them here once they are up. My wife was shooting action shots from the pillion seat and she got some good ones, both front and back facing.

2 thumbs up in my book. Thanks again Roy for putting this together.
    Utrider1 likes this.