Midwest Meeting?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Rider, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I offered Eddy's farm before and I will do it again. He's always a great host. Nestled in the heart of twisty Minnesota bluff country along the Mississippi river valley. There's 300 acres of woods, trails and a farm house. Great for camping. A natural spring fed pool less than 10 minutes away. (Pool ...Pond...Pond would be good for you)

The farm is located on a gravel road...perfect.

Eddy's out chasing deer this morning...but I am sure he would like the event.

:):
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Are these trails available for dirt bikes? I can bring a couple along if anyone wants to try killing themselves. :):

Jon
  3. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE insignificant being...

Oddometer:
    If it was in the fall we could go to the bear sanctuary.

Attached Files:

4. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    When I lived in WI, they had 2 seasons: winter & mosquito. May might be a little nipply. We could catch an AMA race while we are there.
  5. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Talked with Eddy and he's agreed to make his farm available for the Midwest GS gathering....he rides a Yamaha 225 for a advetnure bike. The trials/bluff road is cool 1 mile+ long and could prove to be a good hill climb event.

Did the group pin down a date yet?
    :1drink
  6. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Bee-yoo-tiful, Killen!
    I like this idea a lot. Can you give me a more exact location so I can find it on my 'puter?
    I vote for it. I like it. :thumb (Hope it's not too far for the Texas boyz ...)
    Let's start setting a date, then.
    How 'bout early June? (Don't have a calendar nearby.)
    Also, do most want to have it mid-week or over a weekend?
  7. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Input Houston....Houston Minnesota. That's about 10 miles south of Eddy's farm.

In early June, besides riding activities could include, fishing, drinking, eating, shooting, boating on the Mississippi.

:super
  8. Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, Killen. Let's see if the others are amenable to this place and time.
  9. longwallman

longwallman Light at the end of the Tunnel

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Only a one day ride from Pittsburgh. Leaves lots of time for fun stuff!
  10. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Houston is ten miles south of Eddy? So he's basically adjacent to the grounds where the BMW Club of MN has their rally? Their rally is the weekend after Memorial Day weekend.

Jon
  11. Rider

Oddometer:
  12. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe the same weekend as the Minnesota rally. Usually a good turnout....300+ riders...good food..rides etc.

:thumbup
  13. motojedi

motojedi been there

Oddometer:
    Either place is fine. It sounds like we would have better "guides" in Minnesota. I would really like to have it over Memorial Day weekend. (or some other weekend but not during the week) Memorial Day weekend in Indianapolis is a zoo. (Indy 500, lots of cages) Coincidence with the MN BMW rally is cool.
  14. Ice

Ice The Frozen Tundra

Oddometer:
    .........pleaseeeee don't make me ride through severe thunderstorms.......tornado's.........pea-size hail.......torrential/blinding downpours.......and all of the other hazards we rode through yesterday !!!!

You know how the gortex in your boots keeps the water out of your boots? It is also wonderful at keeping the water in also .....:huh

To quote you Mr. Jedi.... "Let's do something different.....let's ride in the rain"........ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....:splat

Waterlogged Ice
  15. motojedi

motojedi been there

Oddometer:
    I was just tryin' to find a nice way to get you to take a bath.:rofl

after all....it was a balmy 67 degrees.......and you had the memory of those cute waitress's to keep your mind off the weather:evil
  16. motojedi

motojedi been there

Oddometer:
    we stopped for a late lunch at this "biker bar" and we were the only ones in the place (in the middle of a t-storm) we asked the waitress; "Where are all those live-to-ride-ride-to-live guys at today?":rofl :rofl :rofl
  17. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    The Minnesota BMW Club's annual rally is in the Houston area May 30 - June 1, 2003. It's held at a great campground and has good roads all around. Does this make sense? Coffee all weekend; hot dogs or such on Friday night; Dual sport ride on Saturday morning; Steak dinner on Saturday night followed by beers and cigars by the campfire. Sounds like a plan, and it's far enough away Fish may not show up. :evil
  18. Rider

Oddometer:
    Jeebus, that sounds positively harrowing. :huh
  19. motojedi

motojedi been there

Oddometer:
    I didn't think it was THAT bad. Of course I'm behind a plus-4" Cee Bailey and Ice is on a stock Dakar.:wink:

I like the idea of the MN BMW Rally too. It's about 480 mi. for us.
  20. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    Houston, MN would be about 1,300 miles if I took the shortest route or about 1,500 miles if I map out a scenic route. Might have to negotiate some extra vacation time.