Milky coolant eveywhere!!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Nobiman, Jul 29, 2006.

1. GODSPEED

GODSPEED finger lickin' good

Oddometer:

Are you going to do the water pump as well? Seems to be a common problem on LC4's. Try that before you replace the head gasket.
  2. Nobiman

Nobiman Orange... the color of insanity.

Oddometer:
    Yea, if it comes apart, it will get a new or rebuilt water pump too. I guess its still a possibility that the oil is getting through the water pump. Is the oil thats up around the water pump pressurized?, or is a just splashed/squirted up into that area? Still lots of questions without answers at this point.

Randy.
  3. Nobiman

Nobiman Orange... the color of insanity.

Oddometer:
    Well..............I just got back from a 2 hour long ride after draining the distilled water in the rads and replacing it with a mix of about 70W/30AF and again, all is well suddenly. Not one drop was spewed. I got back, let it cool, and opened the cap and the coolant is still a nice pretty orange with not trace of milky color, yet. Im a pretty optimistic person, but not enough to think that a few radiator flushes has fixed the milky coolant syndrom that plauged me just 2 days ago. I guess a little more time will tell.

Maybe Ruffus is right, and the thermostat stuck shut 'til I flushed it (4 times now). Kinda makes sense to me, no more than I know about these darn 4 stroke motors.

Hmmm........................:huh

Randy.
  4. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
  5. jfn68

jfn68 Banned

Oddometer:
    Dishwashing powder,(not liquid) works fine in flushing oil contaminated cooling systems,mix some up in a bottle put it in the radiator,go for a 10 minute ride then drain,you may have to repeat this a couple of times.....it works.
  6. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Hey Randy,

The coolant system runs at a much higher pressure than the open area oiling system, so if there was a failed water pump seal, you'd have coolant in the oil rather than visa versa.
    This whole thing has been pretty strange... to crop up, show nasty symptoms then disappear.
    Not that disappearing is a bad thing... but knowing for sure why it happened would sure be nice to put in the old KTM file cabinet.

I'm not sure which is more disturbing... having it happen and not finding out why it happened in the first place, or having it go away without ever knowing why. :D

C
  7. MF1A

MF1A Ride with the Wind

Oddometer:
    i know that this thread is a little bit old and probably its been allready solved, but i have found a very good product for this issue, because i have the same problem on my bike and did solve my problem like magic,:D honda coolant.jpg
  8. MF1A

MF1A Ride with the Wind

Oddometer:
    honda coolant back.jpg

cheers:freaky :freaky
  9. Odysseus

Odysseus Stoic Philosopher

Oddometer:
    I don't know how much the Honda stuff is but I've had good luck with Engine Ice.
  10. BlackHawkChief

BlackHawkChief Long timer

Oddometer:
    i know this thread is 6 years old but i am having some of the same issues with my "98 620 iv found cloudy jello type stuff in my radiator after a long ride also noticed the pump is leaking water. iv ordered the parts to do a waterpump rebuild but what is an was the cause of the "jello" stuff :ear