Misadventures of a Hoosierbilly Motorcycle Tramp

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JB2, Oct 6, 2013.

1. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    I'll take a look after this interminable meeting
  2. radianrider

Oddometer:
    Ok. I'll look at the schedule and get back to you.
    JB2 likes this.
  3. Bhuff

Bhuff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And??? schedule???
    JB2 likes this.
  4. radianrider

Oddometer:
    Looks like the only weekend I'm committed to do something in October is the 12th and 13th.

Not sure when Jim gets back from SD, but Sept. 28th could work as well.

Any of those work?
    JB2 likes this.
  5. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Joel - I'll be in or coming back from the Dakotas on the 28th. The 10/12 - 10/13 option is best for me.
  6. radianrider

Oddometer:
    That is the weekend I'm supposed to be in Chicago. Bummer.
  7. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    I've had a pair of scooters listed here in the Flea-Market for a few weeks now. Didn't get a bite at first but then had two inmates interested in them. @wmailhos was the first to make a commitment and drove all the way from Knoxville, TN to pick them up. We had made tentative plans for him to come the week after we got back from the Carolinas. He stated that he was a no BS, cash buyer. We connected the day after getting back and he showed up Wednesday afternoon to fulfill his word. Nice dealing wit folks that keep their word.

We got the bikes loaded and most the paperwork done before the Misses arrived home from work. After meeting Wes and signing her part on the titles he was ready for the road and we bid him farewell. :wave

[​IMG]
    (Photo by wmailhos)
    He was staying over on his return trip but I got a text the next day saying that he had arrived home with the bikes safely. West Knoxville, TN

[​IMG]
    (Photo by wmailhos)
    The trailer he was towing was a borrowed unit that had just been refurbished. He noticed this during a gas stop on the way home. Not sure if the tire is too big or if the fenders need relocated a tad higher but this could have ended differently. I had a trailer similar to it, almost a twin brother to this one. I had it loaded several times with three UJM motorcycles and did not have this issue. Thankfully the driver, the rig and the bikes made home without an issue.

[​IMG]
    (Photo by wmailhos)
    The Franklin gang, who we had just seen last weekend, were all going to the World 100 at Eldora Speedway this weekend. Brian and I made plans to go over and meet them at the track and break bread in their camp or maybe a a restaurant close by. I have several other bikes for sale and had one pending on another bike. There was a chance to make the deal today so I had to beg off. Brian had used my new Mosko-Moto bag on our trip last week and decided to ride up and deliver it back here. I did have a small window to ride in so we pointed our bikes south in the direction of his home.

A few weeks back Brian and I had did a similar ride to the same area when I ran across that cool old double, iron-truss bridge south of Albany. I shot a couple of quick-pics of the Yamaha and noticed a better vantage point to get a better image from but didn't take advantage of it until today. We stopped so I could get some calendar worthy pics of his bike here.

[​IMG]

We juxtaposed his bike to the bridge and found a good spot to get a full view of the bridge and the new Scout. This easement is for the Randolph County Wildlife Preserve. There was a sign that said "NO OFF ROAD VEHICLES". Brian quipped, "These aren't off road bikes so can we ride down there?" :D We didn't but, I did capture many variations of this shot. Love the electric blue sky.
    [​IMG]
    I used to publish a calendar called "Bikes, Barns & Bridges". For several reasons it has laid dormant for the last year and a half. First, it became expensive to produce. I spent the last two years working feverishly in the shop trying to build a steady flow of work while investing in tools and shop equipment. Consequently, I haven't had much time for riding or photography. No fundage, no time, no images but, you never know, it may live again.

I usually edit the photos into a "water-color & ink" style. One of the first steps is to go heavy on the color averaging. Every once in a while I get an image that looks better with just the averaging edit than any other way. Here's today's edit.

[​IMG]
    I place music right up there with family and motorcycles. I've always got my ear to the ground looking for new and unheard of singer/songwriters. However, someone is always turning me on to someone new that I should have found long ago. Don't ask me how this happens. :augie

I posted a couple of Sean Rowe's songs that are new to me. He's not new, I'm just late finding him. :1drinkThis is another reason why I will probably add his catalog my collection. Enjoy!

bobw, Bhuff and wmailhos like this.
  8. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Joel - There's chance for some great riding all the way into November. You keep throwing out dates that will work for you and maybe we can still make it happen. :thumb
    radianrider likes this.
  9. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Joel - I just reread your post on the October dates. :fpalm Sheesh, I need to slow down. The weekend before and after your Chicago dates works for me. Your move. :*sip*
  10. radianrider

Oddometer:
    Excellent! I'll get in touch worth jdfog and see what might work.

Looking forward to it
    JB2 likes this.
  11. radianrider

Oddometer:
    Working on confirming first weekend in October. Jay needs to reserve some time for a family vaca and wants to confirm dates.
    JB2 likes this.