Misadventures of a Hoosierbilly Motorcycle Tramp

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JB2, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @ RD in reply to this:
    "With Joel in his Triumph shirt and Brian’s Indian jacket, I’m not sure I could ride with you guys as I am the only HD rider in the world without HD schwag - not a single piece. Maybe I’d fit in with Jay because, having owned a V-Strom, I know there is no such thing as V-Strom schwag!"

RD, VStroms are the schwag ! They may be the Mack Daddy of motorcycles that do absolutely nothing extremely well - except create smiles.
    bobw and JB2 like this.
  2. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pics ...
    Another pic of the Greensfork Diner.
    20191005_102930.jpg
    JB2 likes this.
  3. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A stop in Oldenburg. Not a great pic but I thought you guys might want it anyway.
    (Gratuitous VStrom content - not sure how THAT got in there? ? ? ) :)
    20191005_144449.jpg
  6. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And another not so great photo of Oldenburg. It's really a neat place but we couldn't stop near good pic taking due to a wedding that seemed to be using all of downtown (and more) for parking. Congrats to that couple. What a lovely place to get married!)

20191005_144438.jpg
    bobw and JB2 like this.
  7. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JB2 likes this.
  8. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    @jdfog2 - Thanks for the additional photos and link to Oldenburg. Between all of us we might have a complete set of pictures. Sad to say I didn't take many. Glad you made it home without any major deer issues. They're starting to cut beans up here and the deer are moving a lot.

The area we visited deserves a more in-depth search. We should go back when its not so packed with tourists. I still have a really nice set of roads and destinations picked out for a ride up here but they'll simmer well on the back burner until we can get you guys back up this way.
    jdfog2 likes this.
  9. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about a "Frost Buster" ride April 10th and 11th ? (Rainout date would be the next weekend?)

Meet up in ? Greens Fork ? Connersville ? Say 11 am. Lunch and ride til dinner. Stay someplace overnight. Ride til ? Next day then head home...I was thinking we could explore the Area we were in pretty thoroughly if we can ride until dinner time.

That's a rough draft. I am sure the rest of you can make it a more detailed and complete plan.

Thoughts ?
    JB2 likes this.
  10. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Jay - Sounds like a plan. Connersville as a meet up point taking 121 and 229 south to Oldenburg. We could explore the Oldenburg area more intensely then continue on south and overnight in maybe Madison? Brian and I know of several places in Madison. Leave Sunday and take 135 back north. There are literally hundreds of options but I like the way you think. If we can get Joel and Brian to chime in it is far enough off to put together a string of twisty roads and historical destinations. I'm in! :thumb
    jdfog2 likes this.
  11. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will start making plans.

Already have some ideas for the trip after that one. When the days are longer... this region west of I 65 has some doozies...maybe a "Scenic Ohio River Route" cruise with some sidetrips...
    20191007_145336.png
    JB2 likes this.
  12. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    So, I'm getting the impression you might be interested in leading once we get through Oldenburg? Keep planning. I'm listening! :lurk
    jdfog2 likes this.
  13. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    What is this "planning" thing you reference?:lol3

I just wander until time to go home.

I could be persuaded to try this other method.
    jdfog2 and JB2 like this.
  14. Bhuff

Bhuff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jay. Rainout date?? What about a snow out date??

Hey I'm in. I still have heated gear from riding the KLR.
    jdfog2 and JB2 like this.
  15. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Joel - As with all things adventurous and motorcycling you pick a date, someone plans a general route then the fun begins. Everything is fluid and subject to change with conditions and, the element that dictates everything, time. The window you have from beginning to end. Its kind of like wandering alone without a plan but trying to herd cats(inmates) at the same time. But you already knew that. Next adventure is on you! :D

Brian - There's no such thing as a snow-out date. Snow makes for some great pictures and we'd have the road to ourselves. Fingers crossed. :freaky
    jdfog2 likes this.
  16. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Snow out? Snow out? We don't need no stinking snow out!

Rain might not be fun when it's April cold. Snow. Pshaw! We're men. Hairy chested men.

Snow is not a challenge. It's an opportunity! A perfect chance to practice some performance riding - power slides, drifting, and other such fun.
    ( I may be sick that day if it snows) :rofl:rofl:rofl
    JB2 likes this.
  17. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm old enough to have used Big Smith Coveralls and a "Chore Coat" with some of those wick and lighter fluid pocket heaters people used to carry as my heated gear. That was NICE when one of those leaked lighter fluid on your skin - NOT

I am NOT one of those people that pines for the "good ole days" - they weren't that good. Especially if you had a life that included hard work in a garage, shop, or outside.
    JB2 likes this.