Mischler's BMW in Beaver Dam Going Under - Replacement? (WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cannonshot, Oct 27, 2020.

1. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    Maybe you’re too close to Chicago.
  2. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s a no go if buying new. You loose a lot of consumer rights when buying out of state.
  3. Bob599

Bob599 Bob599

Oddometer:
    The land of Beer and Cheese (Hartland WI)
    Isn't Moto Union going to be a BMW dealer?
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Yes, that was being discussed in the original thread that the most recent duplicate thread was merged into.

Maybe someone can call Moto Union for an update on their progress.
    MHaz01 likes this.
  5. MHaz01

MHaz01 I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer:
    I emailed them last week regarding whether and when they will add a BMW dealership. No reply as yet.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  6. tzracer

tzracer Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just called Moto Union.
    They said BMW is taking their time.
    They are hoping for some time in April.
    Said should become a dealer some time this year.
  7. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rob's Performance has/had a couple demo days throughout the year for KTM. I know it isn't often in the timeline when you want to test ride a bike right now but it is an option.
    MHaz01 likes this.
  8. slider162

slider162 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Robs is where I got my test ride but they would only let you go up the road and back. Not a serious test ride. That was last August. Good news is I finally found a 790 ADV-R and brought it home Friday!
    DSquared likes this.
  9. MHaz01

Oddometer:
    According to a story in a local newspaper someone has applied for a permit to convert an existing building on Highway 164 in Waukesha into a Triumph dealership. The address plots out to an area of business buildings about 1/3 mile north of Action Powersports.
    Don03st and Dangeross like this.
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  11. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    20210506_140112.jpg Stopped at Moto Union today. A few BMWs on the floor. A few more waiting to be set up in the back. Minor service only as they don't have a master tech yet.
    Sindarin and Bultaco206 like this.
  12. Dangeross

Dangeross Space cowboy! Supporter

Oddometer:
    In other news "Triumph to come to Waukesha"

A mere 20 miles from Harley-Davidson’s headquarters, a Triumph dealership might be moving in.

According to Patch News, Proven Power Sports – a Triumph motorcycle dealership – has proposed replacing a former Front Porch home goods store in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

According to city documents from the proposal, “the space has an area of roughly 3,000 square feet. A display and sales floor section will be located in the front with the service department in the back. The dealership is anticipated to see between 20 and 40 customers a day.”

The proposal is currently under consideration by its city’s Plan Commission.
  13. MHaz01

Oddometer:
    I was riding home from the Slimey Crud Run Sunday afternoon on I-94 and was passed by a group of Ducati and BMW riders, all on new bikes, all bikes sporting dealer plates. I thought it might be the Moto Union people and stopped there earlier tis week. A sign on their door said they were closed, having gone to a track day. I looked in the windows and voila! new BMWs. Good news.
  14. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stopped at Team Motorsports in DePere on the way home today. Very few bikes on the floor, the sales guy told me that was it for their inventory, and they are having difficulty getting bikes in. They still had three rows of snowmobiles on the floor, to fill the space.

6EB027A7-4A16-4466-89EF-6ACDC62E5266.jpeg
    Bultaco206 and Cannonshot like this.
  15. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    As someone that’s in dealerships daily, they actually have things to fill floor space. Many don’t. Hours are being cut back, and staff is being laid off, at quite a few places these days. It’s going to be an interesting Q3.
  16. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    This afternoon I filled up the pickup at the Shell station on County D in Abrams, then went next door and took a slow cruise through Chrysler World. Their inventory is super low from what they usually have on the lot. The used car section was almost empty. I agree things are going to get very interesting.
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  17. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    And on the other side of 41 right there is Power Sports Abrams that's operating solely on the few boats they have left.
  18. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was in Power Sports last Wednesday, asked the sales guy for a John Deere S240. He said no, and none coming in. I went up to the JD dealer in Pound, and bought one that’s supposed to be coming in at the end of this month. I’d hate to be working sales in these places right now.
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  19. VeryBumpy

VeryBumpy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its been 17 summers since I've looked at the motorcycle buying market, I was shocked to find out Triumph, BMW and other dealers gone from Milwaukee.

Matter of fact, looking today at what the local dealers DID have in stock was nothing short of pathetic and paltry.

Apparently the motorcycle Gods are not interested in seeing me on a new ride.
  20. slider162

slider162 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mischler's had zero inventory for 9 months before they closed their doors. I have a cousin that is a GM at Skipper Buds. He says they have no used boats and will be out of new inventory by July and has no idea what he will do then. Boats that were $500,000 last year are $700,000 this year and people are buying them. The Texas freeze broke any engine block that wasn't winterized. A lot of the boat resins are manufactured in Texas as well and hit those manufacturers pretty hard. I walked into the local Trek store and they were cleaned out and are cancelling pre-orders because it will be 2022 before they have any inventory. Time to hunker down and buy the expensive stuff now because it is going to get worse before it gets better.