Missing outdoorsman and motorcyclist

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Rabit, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Rabit

Rabit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Use this link for more up to date info: http://www.jeremygriess.com

Hey guys,

I am working a missing person case and this one touched close to home so I am trying to use unconventional methods to find this person.

His name is Jeremy Griess he is driving a 1999 black Honda Accord Colorado license 940JSE.

Jeremy is an avid outdoorsman and rides a dirt bike frequently.

Jeremy disappeared under circumstances that make him an endangered missing person, meaning he may be depressed about recent events in his life.

His cellular phone last pinged off of a tower located at 38.98624 -105.06916 which is near woodland park. The phone pinged in the same location for about two days before dying. His favorite places are Spinney Mountain, Rampart Range, Buffalo Creek, and Deckers.

When out and about this weekend check the trailheads and mountain parking lots for his vehicle If found call the Westminster police department or the local law enforcement agency.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Thanks,

Anthony
  2. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    Good luck, Anthony.
  3. Raul Duke

Raul Duke DROC

Oddometer:
    Im riding the 717 trails N of Woodland Park this afternoon, I will keep an eye out.
  4. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    Do we know if his dirtbike is missing? I could go check some trailheads for his car. If he is on foot I would want to check different trailheads than if he is on a bike.
  5. Rabit

Rabit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All of his stuff i.e. mountain bike, dirt bike, and gear, was left at home. the only thing he took was his wallet, boots , shorts, t-shirt, and his car. His credit cards have not been used since the 9th of April. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Anthony
  6. thejlb

thejlb n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in riding up that way tomorrow to help in the search? I am thinking about riding Rampart Range Rd to Woodland park, and then decide from there where to go.

I know Jeremy, and it is unusual that he would have gone up here without his mountain bike or fishing gear. I am also trying to contact the family / search party to help once we reach Woodland Park.

The plan:
    Meet at the parking lot at the North end of Rampart Range Rd. just after the turn off Hwy. 67 at 9:30. This will be an easy ride, up Rampart Range Rd. to Woodland Park. I don't anticipate anything difficult, as the goal of this ride is to hopefully find Jeremys' Accord, which should be on/near a fairly well traveled road.

Right now there is 2 of us.

I have contacted the family and will provide more details as they come in.
  7. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    Is Rampart open yet? I thought the trails and the road opening dates were moved to May 1.
  8. thejlb

thejlb n00b

Oddometer:
    Just checked, and it is indeed closed until May 1... Change of plans then.

New plan is to meet at the same location, Rampart Range Rd. & Hwy. 67 at 9:30. From there up Hwy 67 to Woodland Park. Once we get to Woodland park, hookup with the family / Search Party and go from there.
  9. Dysco

Dysco Diaper slinger

Oddometer:
    Didn't see that car on rd 77 from Jefferson to hwy24 today.
  10. thejlb

thejlb n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, it all helps!
  11. Rabit

Rabit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be able to meet up with you guys later in the day as I have to help move a friend in the morning.

I am also off on Monday and will probably plan another ride using updated information from the family to pick a new area. If anyone is available during Monday let me know.

Thanks

Anthony
  12. Guest

Guest n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't know if this will help, but there's a long update near the bottom of this forum about what they did on Saturday. It's pretty frustrating when you read it. Someone at AT&T is following rules that don't make any sense and preventing the family from narrowing down the possible search area.

It's a long post near the bottom and posted by David. http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/missing-adults-f32/jeremy-griess-missing-from-westminister-co-since-4-11-10-t2887.htm?highlight=griess

Thanks so much for the interest here and the help!
  13. Rabit

Rabit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got off the phone with the family and they did finally get AT&T to give them the locations of thier cell phones. The search today is going to focus on rd67 between deckers andWP. The base is going to be at or near the Teller county SO.
    Because of the way cell towers work it is impossible to pin point a location but with the mountains blocking signal I would guess the radius is 10 miles at most

If anyone has time today or if you live near the area please come out and help
  14. Raul Duke

Raul Duke DROC

Oddometer:
    I met up with Jeremy's Cousin from Monument earlier this afternoon and picked up a few routes to check. I ended up putting on over 100 miles with no luck. Sorry to say when I checked in around 5:30, there was no change in status.
    Its so odd that no one has found the car yet. For as wet/snow covered and rough as many of those FS roads were, that Honda would have had a hard time getting too far back in.

Im still hoping this will turn out OK.
  15. Rabit

Rabit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would you mind posting up the roads you were on so o can hit different areas tomorrow?
  16. Raul Duke

Raul Duke DROC

Oddometer:
    Sure. Let me know if you can make out this map.

[​IMG]
  17. Raul Duke

Raul Duke DROC

Oddometer:
    Any word today?
  18. lmwong

lmwong n00b

Oddometer:
    Please refer to: http://www.jeremygriess.com for updates. The family has established that website as an official source for information regarding Jeremy's case.

Thank you for your help.
  19. ggrjr

ggrjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Link doesn't work
  20. lmwong

lmwong n00b

Oddometer:
    Fixed, thanks.