Missing Rider - Sonoma County

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Dick, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    I just picked this up off of the North Bay Sport Riders site and wanted to get the word out here as well.

Those of you who frequent the back roads of Sonoma County are encouraged to keep an eye out for possible crash sites. Particularly those where a rider
    could have left the road and may be out of sight of it.

Go here for more information:

A flier regarding the missing rider

The northbaysportriders link:
    (You may have to keep paging to the next screen as posts are added.)

I have no connection (other than riding) with the people involved but I figure the more eyes looking the better chance of finding her.
  2. Tiny

Tiny Wonky Eyed Bastard

Oddometer:
    Well my heart just sank. She's a friend. Worked at Santa Rosa BMW. I REALLY hope she is OK. She is kind of a movie star in the SF moto sceen. Beautiful, funny, warm and a monster rider. This better turn out OK. Come home Big Red!!! :cry
    Love,
    Brad
  3. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    I'm not up In that area, but I will keep good thoughts go'n for her safe return. :freaky
  4. wonderpup

wonderpup Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    God, I hope she is all right. Thoughts go to her fiancee.
  5. HooterView

HooterView Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My prayers that she just needed a vacation and will show up safe and sound and soon.
  6. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Has an error- says she is 6 ft or 2 meters. But 2 meters is more like 6'-8"!

Still a good, identifiable pic though.
  7. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Hope she turns up OK.

What are the local authorities doing? Have they searched any of the roads frequented by riders? I have a suggestion that I don't think is to far fetched. How about passing the hat and chartering a helicopter? Was she just going for a day ride? I know that I usually ride the same roads, maybe just in a different order. A Robinson R22 (2 seat) or a Robinson R44(4 seater) could probably be rented along with a pilot for a reasonable amount of money for a few hours, and you could have a rider who knows the area as a spotter.
  8. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Hey Dick-
    It just ocurred to me that contacting bicycling clubs might be a good idea. I don't know the roads up there but presume that she was looking for twisties. Since bicyclists travel slowly and quietly next to the shoulder they could look for signs of a bike going over the edge or hear something.

Just a thought. Best of luck.
  9. Tiny

Tiny Wonky Eyed Bastard

Oddometer:
    I just copied your text and posted to the BARF site.

10. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Just stumbled on this thread and I had no idea she was missing, I just spoke to her at Motomecanica (an employee there) a couple of weeks ago.

Can't believe she's missing,,, she's a great gal.. :cry :cry :cry

Man I hope someone finds her in good health....

Can the mods please sticky this??
  11. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    :(:

Sending good vibes from here, Big Red.
    She's a great gal, here's to hoping it all works out well...
  12. Foto Veloce

Foto Veloce The Free Radical

Oddometer:
    Wow.. that really sucks. I've seen this info posted on a number of websites other than this and the Northbay one. What boggles my mind is that it *seems* the local authorities are doing nothing? No SAR? WTF? If some ill-prepared hiker goes missing for a couple of days it's an all-out effort but a biker is ignored? Sounds like the Coasties are the only ones will to help? Can that be right?

I sure hope they find her safe and sound. Man, if my bike was not down I'd get right back on it and help search... :( Geez.. my prayers go out to her, family and friends.
  13. Tiny

Tiny Wonky Eyed Bastard

Oddometer:
    I think a mistake may have been made earlier when she was first reported missing. "Problems" and "depression" were mentioned, laying the ground work for the authorities to view it as a possible "runaway bride thing". I'd rather that had not come up at all, so just a full-on search/missing person angle was taken. I'm not being critical. It's just a hindsite thing. Come home Melinda.
  14. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our down south brothers will keep us posted on whats going on, okay. Our prayers are with her and her family.
  15. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
    Still missing.

From BARF 09-23-2005 12:20 PM

Melinda Moore – Help us find her!

http://www.northbaysportriders.com/...?showtopic=1961

Melinda Moore – Help us find her!

Search to continue this weekend.

Date:
    Saturday, Sep. 24, 2005

Time:
    8:30am briefing and assignment, 9:00am departure
    A regroup will be at 1pm to be back on the road at 2pm

Place:
    Deaf Dog Coffee (in Raley's shopping center)
    2547 Guerneville Rd. at Fulton
    Santa Rosa, CA 95401
    http://maps.google.com

Point Person:
    Kim s/n wingnut on the NBSR board will be meeting the group there. She will give out contact numbers to riders.

Please email [email protected] if you are confirmed to attend so we can have an estimated head count.

I can also send a Press Release and Flyer to anyone who needs it. Just send me an email with an email address you would like me to send it to.

Melinda Moore was last seen around 8:30am, Monday, September 19, 2005 leaving her home from the 2500 block of Saddlehorn in West Santa Rosa. She is riding a red, 2002 Aprillia Tuono, California license plate # 16Y6908. She was wearing a black two-piece Dainese riding suit with red panels and a black AGV helmet.

Anyone with information about Melinda should contact Santa Rosa Police Officer Ray Navarro at 707-543-4034.
  16. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    I think it does no good to start get'n angry about the lack of a perceived response by the authorities when we really have no idea what is or is not be'n done. The authorities can't go search every road in the north bay for a possible out of view motorcycle crash.

We can do one or both of the following. Volunteer to help search, if there is such an effort be’n organized by friends and family, and/or keep hope’n it really is just a case of her need’n to get away for a bit.

I just saw the post above..Good for them and best of luck to them :thumb

I’m hope’n for the best :freaky
  17. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
  18. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
  19. vrago

vrago Plays with dirt

Oddometer:
    Just saw the poster today morning down in Occidental. First thing I did was to send some emails and make some calls.

I'm a bit shocked by it. She's a great gal and certainly a presence in the community.

I think the idea of getting in touch with the cyclists is a great idea.

Thinking good thoughts for a positive outcome....
  20. Skootch

Skootch King Abdullah's Sandbox

Oddometer:
    So still not a peep on this???????????:cry