Mississippi Hill Country Loop

Discussion in 'Americas' started by san1k, Jan 10, 2020.

1. san1k

san1k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm curious if anyone has ridden the Mississippi Hill Country Loop North or South?

I've found a few videos on youtube and seen where a rider combined both routes with the TAT. Just looking for your experiences, camp sites, and information. I plan to ride it over Memorial Day weekend for four or five days. Thanks.

2. Redbird

Redbird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you make the trip? How'd it go?
    I'm interested in running the HCL in my Wrangler.
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just found this thread--------------to my knowledge I was the first person to ride Sam Correro's Mississippi Hill Country ride.
    It was when I first met Sam---went to his house-----remember this was back when all he did was rollcharts.
    So he shows me all these maps and hand written rollcharts and I right in front of him--with my computer turned it into a gps track and rode it----he had no idea of what I was doing. He rode a bit of it with me.
    At the time he had know idea of what a gps track was---I taught him all that and now that's pretty much how you navigate all his routes.
    The link to that story is below------hope that helps you.

Anyway the story is here:
    http://www.bigdogadventures.com/MississippiHillCountry.htm

My first meeting with Sam------now we've been friends for years and get together often.
    [​IMG]
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  4. bomose

bomose Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great write up, Mark. Good thing the rain didn't move in earlier and get the roads wet. As you know, they can get as slippery as owl crap.:lol3 And I was wondering how you met Sam. Hard to believe he's 80 now. Still looks the same.