Missoula Maladjusted

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Chains45, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rlbruski

rlbruski Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas and looking forward to a happy New Year. Looking forward to meeting and riding with a bunch of western Montanans this spring.:clap
  2. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    My oldest kid and family are moving to Whitefish. Will be up that way a lot as soon as I can get out of my alley.
  3. Chaos-in-MT

Chaos-in-MT OK lets GO!

Oddometer:
    Whitefish is my neck of the woods. (well sorta)
    If you guys are up for a ride or two let me know. I would be willing to help out on a ride or two up this way. I don't live in Wfish I live near the BlackTail ski resort on the Kila side of Blacktail mountain. Sorta between Kila and Lake Mary Ronan as the crow fly.

Chaos

P.S. Happy New Year
  4. bigskydrift

bigskydrift dual sport hooligan

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year all of you Montanan's!
    I do not winterize my bikes, just make sure to run them a bit a couple times each week in the garage, or, around the block if I can...just shut off my DR 650.....it sure was feelin' and soundin' good, poor thing sure wants to go out for a run.........:D
    When the snow leaves, I will be game for any rides in the western part of the state, or day trips outside of the Missoula area! So many roads, so little time! C'mon spring!
  5. rlbruski

rlbruski Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hey bigskydrift, do you live up Lolo Creek? I'm in Stevensville myself. Have a DR650 and a KLR650. Trying to decide which one to keep. Won't be riding much for a little while with all this snow coming down, but let me know when your ready and maybe we can put a ride together.
  6. bigskydrift

bigskydrift dual sport hooligan

Oddometer:
    Well, I was near Lolo for a time but am closer in to Missoula now....

the snow was coming down so hard and fast yesterday we actually had visibility of about 150 yards max :eek1 !!

You bet, I will be ready for a ride soon as this weather permits...also would really like to do the Lolo Motorway this summer :clap but by the looks of things that would be into August before the snow melts down enough up there! Keep in touch and we will put something together, looking forward to it!
  7. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Could not resist the sunlight and dry roads, so took the first ride of the new year today!!!

May not be a big deal to most, but the road leading up the mountainside to my home is about 1-1/2 miles of solid ice still and probably will be until mid March. So after work I loaded the beast on to a trailer and unloaded in Frenchtown, and rode till it after dark. Parking lot puddles were already frozen upon my return. Hope to do it some more while the good weather lasts.
  8. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    Well, now I'm suscribed to this thread also. Spring is definately taking its time to get here also.

David
    from Glendive, AKA "West Dakota"
  9. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, so THATs why it froze back up....

Been waiting for the last 1/2 miles of road to my house to unfreeze at least a rut.

Beautiful this weekend, so of course I am on duty.... :huh
  10. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    Me too. Valley floors are dry but the last mile to my place is solid glare ice. I've been thinking about the trailer idea.
  11. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Road is thawed, and have had the bike down the hill several times so far this year. So how bout it gentlemen (not seen any ladies posting from this area yet), there may be 4 new inches of snow on the ground up here today but the road looks clear and the NWS has declared this a partly cloudy day with a high of 50 predicted :wings, so anyone riding today?
  12. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Oh shut up!

:vardy

We have some of the icyest roads I've seen all winter here in Bozeman today.

:wave
  13. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    LOL!!! Well, that answers THAT question. Was considering a trip to see you...:freaky

Guess I will stay on this side of the Divide.
  14. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    So, back from my trip to the eastern end of of the world. Getting some work done on the Uly Saturday but will probably be out wasting gas Sunday.

Considering how warm it has been I would be surprised if it were not, but does anyone know for sure if the Skalkaho open yet?
  15. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
  16. Beartooth

Beartooth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Advriders....let's grip it and rip it this weekend. Let me know if anyone is down for a dirt tour.
  17. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Wow, figured this thread was a bust! Great to hear from a local!

I am always up for some helmet time, but all I have is the Uly, and as excellent as it is on the dirt roads, it is a little heavy for the singletracks in these mountains.

So, does that qualify?
  18. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Keep after it baby! :thumb

My suggestion is ample meatspace meat and meeting.

Please include beer.

If you BBQ it, they will come.

:wave
  19. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Damn if that isn't a good idea, shoulda thought of it myself. My place on the mountainside would be a good place to have it too, lots of room.

Will have to clear it with ChainWife first though, things like this tend to make her want to clean house - which is NOT good for my peaceful evenings.
  20. Beartooth

Beartooth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be down for a run up lolo pass Saturday....Maybe swing into the jack or the lodge.