Missoula Maladjusted

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Chains45, Nov 17, 2008.

1. FlyingFish

FlyingFish The older I get, the faster I was

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately with Glacier limiting entrance all of the overflow ends up from where you are at all the way to the east side. I always love the remoteness and beauty of the Yaak, like Kinsman said, I would head that direction.
    doublegobble and Force0321 like this.
  2. Siorc

Siorc Tiger Shark Supporter

Oddometer:
    What are folks' favorite BOM routes, or portions of BOM routes?
    I think I'm going to be able to get a week off work, was planning to go ride WABDR, but now a lot of it is closed due to fires. I missed out on the NE loop of the 2016 ride (after I wrecked my bike), so I'm thinking of doing that.
    LC1 likes this.
  3. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    I only rode the 2016 BOM. (Edit: I think it was 2015 BOM. The year before the Trail from hell) I must’ve joined after you wrecked. I met up with the crew in the Gravellies and it was definitely a highlight but I have to believe you’ve been there at some point.

A lot of fun to be had if you go into Pipestone and try to punch out to the north.

Let me know if you want some company for a couple days. That’s all I’d be good for with family and work.
  4. LC1

LC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When ate you planning to do this
  5. sasho

sasho Dual Personality

Oddometer:
    We got a sweet campsite on the West side of Lake Koocanusa In Sep 2019. Turns out @Kinsman has been there before.
    [​IMG]
  6. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    That was a nice campsite.
    LC1 likes this.
  7. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    All alone. Whole area was vacant this weekend PXL_20210725_015630614.MP.jpg
  8. Force0321

Force0321 Dirty Pirate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hank and I just finished a re-ride of the 2017 BOM yesterday.
    No smoke, weather conditions were good other than a bit hot.
    Spent night 2 with Stovebolt at his compound!
    Excellent hospitality!!!!!
    Massive Thunderstorms around Tensleep the night we stayed there. Made for some nice slippery mud the next morning.
    I’ll post a link to the RR when I get it started/finished.

Saturday night the 31st at Whitehouse CG. Someone on an AT rolled in and camped across from us aways. Any of you Maladjusted bastages?
    Campground was empty otherwise.
    jonz, WoodrowBDR, Kinsman and 4 others like this.
  9. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    Outstanding.
  10. okietrailboss

okietrailboss Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whats the riding/conditions like around Victor,Montana. Would be in the area at the end of Aug.
  11. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    Hot and smoky.
  12. sasho

sasho Dual Personality

Oddometer:
    Most awesome!! Staying at Stovey's place is the cherry on top.
    Stovebolt and outbacktm like this.
  13. okietrailboss

okietrailboss Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully that'll change in a couple week's
  14. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:
    Sasho, Outback and all the rest of the Usual Suspects - especially the ones who came by on BOM 2017 (incredibly awesome people, to a man, every single one) - saving you all space at the Cafe Buzzarde here at the Lucky Dog. Might want to wait a short spell though, until after I get a shit show cleared outa here with a 72,000 lb drill rig sorted out in front of our cabin. Nearly lost the rig in a sinkhole yesterday. Were it not for the quick reaction of my drill crew, I'm not sure where we would have slept last night if not in our rooftop tent in the driveway - if a resulting fire didn't erupt as a result, taking out the cabin, forest and subdivision in entirety in the process. Sounds a little dramatic, but that's only because in hindsight.... it was. Aiming for running water here though, and we're gonna get it. Just sayin.

DSCN0620 web resized.jpg

What you can't see is the railroad ties cribbing that disappeared down the hole from under the pads of the rig as they were pulling the derrick down to un-ass the situation. And this is only what you see from the surface - there's a cavern of nothing but air 4 feet deep surrounding the well casing, under the tree roots and underneath where the drill rig was parked and padded. We popped smoke and the cavalry is coming over the hill Monday morning, "Gary Owen" playing in the background. (Sioux scouts watching from every hilltop however...)

DSCN0645 web resized.jpg

DSCN0602 web resized.jpg

Been out on the bike twice all summer. Not enough throttle, but things continue to progress here in my little zombie compound in Southeast Idaho. Hosted a couple adventure riders through last month on a BOM 2017 re-ride, Dan and Hank came through - what a hoot! Hosted a pedal biker as well in early July, some dude in his 60's on his way from SLC to Michigan. I heard that he made it. JONZ be coming over from West Jellystone soon too, and we're gonna do some mountain biking together nearby, if a bear don't get us first. Bruins be bat-shit crazy again this summer around here.

If it was easy, all the girls would wanna do it.

"Never Give Up"

Stovey
    Tally Ho

Attached Files:

Force0321, Kinsman, outbacktm and 4 others like this.
  15. outbacktm

outbacktm Bullrun Bison Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too close for comfort
    Outstanding scrabble
  16. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Hmmmm, guess we won't be riding this Monday. OTOH, it might be entertaining to watch the rescue operation
  17. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:

8 yards are supposed to hit the ground in the morning, with assholes and elbows, planes, trains and automobiles. That's a dumper, and excavator and another trailer - making 4 - and 3 more pickups. Plus the drill rig and a Kodiak bucket truck already here. In addition to our vehicles. Add to that the other drilling rig on the neighbor property just starting their operation AND the heavy equipment traffic for supporting the new construction on the hill of a new 9,000 sq ft home.

It's like I never left New York. (Almost 40 years ago.)

There's no place to park or move, literally. You'd have to park your truck up at the Lucky Dog bridge and ride your pedaller or perfect for your ebike, and ride down from there, just to get in and be out of the way. But, pedestrian ogling is allowed and it's cheap entertainment. Besides, I wanna see your new ebike, just sayin....

Stovey

Force0321 likes this.
  18. Captain Salmon

Captain Salmon Honda Africa Twin

Oddometer:
    Anyone planning to attend the Touratech Rally in Plain WA on September 16-19?
  19. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    maybe... probably not all dates
  20. bradb3337

bradb3337 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    photo of lookout.jpg

guess where in Montana