Missoula Maladjusted

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Chains45, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Beartooth

Beartooth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was out on the KTM today. Brrrrrr. Anyone been out riding lately?
  2. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Trailered the bike down into the valley on MLK day, rode a couple of hundred excellent miles before trailering it back into the snow bound mountains. Would love to try this weekend but have too much to do in the real world.
  3. REALGRAVEROBBER

REALGRAVEROBBER LEAVING GRAVES EMPTY

Oddometer:
    I've had my 01 plated-XR250 out off and on, waiting for some new tires and other bits to make it safer.

Also have snuck out on Sat/Sun afternoons at about 12-3PM when the skies have cleared up and the ground is wet.
  4. dogger54

dogger54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I managed to sneak out last Thursday for a 60 mile ride down the Eastside Highway to Hamilton on a newly aquired '02 KLR650. It was 51 in Hamilton and made for a great ride. The ride was way too short but I'll take it.
  5. bschoolz1

bschoolz1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    me and a couple of my buddies are heading up the 2nd week in july. anyone ever hear of adventure motorcycle rentals. we got 3 v stroms already reserved cant wait any hotel recom. near airport or the rowdy part of town. im in n.c my 2 buds are in mass
  6. seanohal

seanohal n00b

Oddometer:
    The airport is a couple of miles west of town. If you want to be rowdy you should stay in town. The cops give out a lot of DUI's so be careful partying. The Rhinoceros bar on Ryman has fifty beers on tap. The keg room looks like that movie Coma only with kegs instead of people. Excellent riding in all directions.
  7. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Depends how much you want to spend for a night, the Holiday Inn is right downtown, the Doubletree is on east side with the Red Lion on west side so a few blocks walk from either. Several smaller cheaper mom & pop places in same area, and lots of chain hotels further out.
  8. bigskydrift

bigskydrift dual sport hooligan

Oddometer:
    well, the weather has sure been warm here around Missoula, and I have the next couple of days off, so will do some ridin' on my DR....maybe go up 9 mile or a run down the southside road, Petty Creek - highway 12 maybe :clap any of you locals know when they open the gate on the Blue Mountain Road??
  9. Beartooth

Beartooth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think they open the gate until May.
  10. AleThor

AleThor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

My name is Alex and I will be moving from Phoenix to Missoula this upcoming August. I was hoping to meet people to ride and start knowing places around once up there. How is riding up there ?

Cheers !!!!
  11. MTBXR

MTBXR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A good dry dirt road for someone looking to get an early season ride, it's dry and the dirt is packed down good so minimum dust. It's the little bitterroot road from Hot springs to Ronan, then take Moise Vally Road. Good dirt riding and if you ride West to East then you can ogle at the Mission Mountains the whole time. Rode it on Sunday (by accident). It's easy to figure it out, if you have a map. Won't go into too many details, I let you figure out the rest. Now go get lost.
  12. bigskydrift

Oddometer:
    Hi Alex!
    That is great that you are moving here, and welcome to Missoula! Have you been here before? What kind of a bike do you ride? Post some pics-we love photos! If you are into DS riding, you will find that you are in a DS heaven, as far as I am concerned....great dirt mountain roads in every direction......let me know when you arrive, I would certainly show you a few of my favorites!:clap
  13. AleThor

AleThor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks !!!
    I ride a 2006 Suzuki DR650 ( and soon a KTM 530) and I will be moving to Missoula on August. I will be sure in touch and following this thread for now on. I will get some pics and post then along the following days (do not have them on me right now)

Cheers !!!
  14. bigskydrift

Oddometer:
    Coincidental, my ride is also an '06 Suzi DR 650....Blue??:clap
    The KTM will be nice!
  15. AleThor

AleThor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine is not blue but [​IMG]yellow.
  16. bigskydrift

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Your DR looks nice Alethor, here are a few of mine on the road between Schwartz Creek and Miller Creek near Missoula a couple of summers ago(in the smoke)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  17. AleThor

AleThor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice place and nice ride. I am really excited to put my bike on those trails you just showed.

Ps: by the way, if you guys feel like coming down to the desert until August, I will be glad to show some places around and meet our people from SW Dual Sport Riders Club (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409358).

Cheers !!!

Alex
  18. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Montana rest stop, Gravelly Range.

Attached Files:

19. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Montana room with a view.

Attached Files: