Missoula, MT has a Royal Enfield dealership now!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by The_Precious_Juice, Aug 8, 2018.

1. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice 2019 DL650XT Touring

Oddometer:
    Glad that Royal Enfield is here.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  2. Hair

Hair On time and on budget. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spam
  3. papa_j

papa_j Long timer

Oddometer:
    Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
    :spam
  4. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    I changed the title and posts so it seems less Spam like. :D
    I'm just trying to get folks to check out the Hima. This is a forum for MC riders right?

The locals in the area will have to do a little research to find out which one it is.
    Not sure what is wrong with telling them the dealership.
    Seems fairly pessimistic, but this is the internet.
    I'm just here for college. I do not have any affiliation with the dealerships in the valley. I like the Himalayan and want others to check it out.

Hint.
    James Garner. :D
  5. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    I went over to the dealership.

they have the Hima at $5,159 OTD.
    It says that they are 2019 models, but they do not have ABS. 2019 has ABS.
    So basically they are just like the 2018 models.

They sold their first one to a dude who came in who was interested in the XT250.

Manager said he was confident the 650 twins will be there next month.
    I'm not that sure.

I asked him if we was going to do a press release when the twins get here, and he said he might.

__
    They had to get a few bullets. They will not sell as well as the "modern" bikes. But I can see hipsters buying them.

RENA was also looking at Great Falls. They might the right call with Missoula.
  6. Hair

Hair On time and on budget. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Normally it's not a problem if the poster is posting as an enthusiast and not as the vendor. Your first post was not clear as to which one you were.
  7. Rocky Mountain Motos

Rocky Mountain Motos On a long leash

Oddometer:
    Great to hear. Thanks for posting. I have 6 Himalayans so it is nice to know that I can get some dealer support nearby. Nearby being a relative term in Montana.
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Is this your place?
    I came across this the other day.
    https://www.rockymountainmotos.com
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Good to see they come with ABS...finally.
    Even if it's basic ABS.

Seems RE does not really follow model year specs exactly as a company. Guys in Denver said they will change parts and specs mid year so you need to look at the bike and see what's on it. And thus early 2019s do not have ABS.

The more dealerships RE has and the more time people ride the Hima will enable it to become more accepted as a viable ADV bike for the masses over time. The aftermarket has embraced it for sure.

I'd like to have one in my garage at some point in the future!
    Rocky Mountain Motos likes this.
  10. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    eakins likes this.
  11. Red_Label

Red_Label Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL! Yup. I live in Billings and ride a 2015 Triumph Tiger XCx. There's nothing "nearby" that's much good to me. Had a buddy haul my bike down to Harris in SLC since he was hauling a Ferrari 458 Spider down to SLC for maintenance. I'll just probably do my own maintenance most of the time.
  12. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    That's my plan as well. I figure I can replace a top end quicker and cheaper than hauling the bike twice to the nearest dealer, and I get to be intimate with these things.
    Red_Label likes this.
  13. RydRy

RydRy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was looking here in Colorado Springs a year ago and found most were marking them up way beyond the national re pricing even wrote re and they said “must be a mistake” they promised
    To take care of it but last I looked my locale dealer still was overpricing
  14. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    The Manager here also said the MC were the most assembled MC he ever received. He said there was even some fuel in the tank.

I told him about the 100 point inspection that gets down in Texas. RENA looks to be for real on quality control.
    However, from what most Inmates have found, the HQ office in Wisconsin is not on point. They do not respond well to comx.
    __
    Back east where I'm from, the closes dealership is about 174 miles away. That's not too bad.
    But, RENA had a gapping hole in the Northern Rockies. It was ridiculous. The manager here said that RENA needed to pull a trigger soon on a town.

What's funny is that Helena dropped RE about 3 years ago, but that was under a different business model. The Manager there said that RE wanted them to take on too many bikes, and they did not have enough room, so they dropped them.

Missoula is not too far from Spokane (200 miles), so I predict there will be lots of sales from there and northern Idaho. Spokane is a big'n. 216,000+
  15. Red_Label

Red_Label Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my Tiger from a local used dealer (Hansen Motorsports) at 10K miles, and the only single entry in the maintenance book was an oil change at 3K miles. So I had no clue what the former Seattle owner had done. That's why I decided to have Harris Motorsports do a proper 12K check. But I figure that it's FAR cheaper/easier for me to just figure-out how to do my own maint on it from here on out. I bought the 600 page service manual on CD. Wish I was rich and could always just pay someone to wrench on my stuff though... as I much prefer just playing to wrenching.

P.S. The pic in my avatar was taken just a few miles from you up on the Beartooth Pass. I get up there on my bike and in my convertible about 5x a summer. I also ride/drive the Bighorns a lot. I rode from Dayton, WY through Burgess Jnct over to Shell in January of this year. I've been up there in snow a bunch over the years, but never rode completely over the 'Horns in JANUARY before. It was sketchy coming down Shell Canyon in the permanent shadow of the mountain. I just kept the bike in 2nd and idled all the way down. No braking, no turning, no acceleration... just delicate leaning around all of those tight corners on white hard-pack and clear ice. Hardly breathed the entire time until I came out the bottom. No heated gear, so I was pretty chilled by the time I got back to Billings that evening.
    bozmotodual16 likes this.
  16. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
  17. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    Rocky Mountain Motos likes this.
  18. sasho

sasho Dual Personality

Oddometer:
    Cool, Maverick's is more or less across the street from me. Wonder if they allow demo rides....:hmmmmm
  19. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    Sadly, you can't rent the Himalayan for the day.

At $75/day they would make more off renting them than selling them incomparison to the Tiger 800 and 1200 they rent.

But their renting months are May 1st to October 1st.

They should do demo rides. I never asked them.